GDT: Around The League: 2024 Playoffs Edition Round 2- “Oh, You Didn’t Know? You’re Ass Better Call SOMEBODY!!!!!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think Colorado is done with him either way based on some of the comments from Avs players.

The only thing they can do without the players consent is to buy him out as he has a full NMC. Thats 12 years of cap hit although the first 2 are painless cap wise.

And I am not sure if you can buy out a player who’s in the program. Probably not as you can’t buy out an injured player either.

So I think they are stuck with him for at least 1 season unless he consents to a trade. I’m not sure who takes on 6 years of a player 1 step away from Stage 4.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they loan him to a KHL team once he is cleared to play again.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
This is the Oilers. Even if they did draft Wyatt, he’d be pressboxed for the playoffs. Playing young guys this time of year isn’t what Holland allows around these parts. That banana is too green. :rolleyes:

In other news, it’s NBA stuff but it also applies to the NHL. A player for the Timberwolves was fined on two separate occasions for making money counting gestures directed at the refs over questionable calls. He was fined $100K for the same gesture earlier in the season then in the postgame interview he said all this betting is having an impact on outcomes, indirectly accusing refs of being betting on games. It’s pretty easy to see this going on in the NHL too. Look at Perry getting an offsetting minor that negated an Oilers power play when Zadorov dumped Kane into the bench. He’s seen holding players on the bench back saying “Don’t touch him (Zadorov)!!” and they still made up a call to even it up.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The only thing they can do without the players consent is to buy him out as he has a full NMC. Thats 12 years of cap hit although the first 2 are painless cap wise.

And I am not sure if you can buy out a player who’s in the program. Probably not as you can’t buy out an injured player either.

So I think they are stuck with him for at least 1 season unless he consents to a trade. I’m not sure who takes on 6 years of a player 1 step away from Stage 4.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they loan him to a KHL team once he is cleared to play again.
Contract length probably is a non issue is my guess.

The issue is do you want 6mil of cap tied up in a guy that could very well burn you after the trade deadline or in the playoffs when you can't doing anything to replace him. That and depending on the makeup of your team do you want him around your team if you have younger high end prospects?

And of course I don't see how anyone is giving up any real assets for him either.

The whole loan part would be very interesting though and I'm sure even if he's in the KHL he will be getting tested on a regular basis by the NHL which could lead to the contract being voided if he continued to slip up.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
verhaeghe must have been watching the Canucks and thought that grabbing the puck and throwing it out of the zone was allowed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad