Around the League 2024-25 season

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Well he has just struck again today, so if he keeps this up they may have some decisions to make.

Do you think, even with injuries that this organization would have given a 20 year-old rookie defenseman with 0 AHL games this kind of opportunity? Ofcourse not, they would have kept him in the minors and given the opportunity to someone like Englund or Burroughs until Casey had paid his dues and learned the system.

Casey handled by LA is signed after his freshman year, never has the dominant sophomore year he had last year, and is probably at best about half-way through his "dues paying" development with the Reign, which at the end of it would result in yet another bland system player that is not as good or dynamic as the player the Devils are likely to get from to a traditional and meritocratic development process.

Another point for Casey.
Casey for Norris!

Guess that wasn't a hard decision after all, Casey back to the minors on Monday...(yea I am late)

Herby

Thank You, Team 144
Feb 27, 2002
Wisconsin
Guess that wasn't a hard decision after all, Casey back to the minors on Monday...(yea I am late)

Ok, and?

There is nothing wrong with a 2nd round pick spending a season or two in the minors. The Devils gave him an opportunity he probably wouldn't have been given had Tom Fitzgerald had a similar development philosophy to Rob Blake.

And it's funny how with my years of posts highlighting players developed successfully without any Kings-like AHL usage, you are silent. But now here for a gotcha moment, congrats.

Btw GBH,

The Kings three best value picks of the Blake era are probably Faber, Anderson and Lafferiere. All three players played multiple years of college hockey. Faber (0) and Lafferiere (4) went straight to the NHL after their first camps as pros and Anderson spent most of the year in the AHL, but his limited games up left most fans convinced he could have been an NHL regular from the drop.

Contrast that with higher picks taken by the Kings who all spent significant time developing (many beginning as teenagers) with the Ontario Reign and "Working with Muzz and (insert 90's King)" and how they have fared relative to where they were drafted. Should we be concerned as to why many of the ones who were under team control, and who were taken higher, have struggled to live up to where they were taken?

Just a coincidence?

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Ok, and?

There is nothing wrong with a 2nd round pick spending a season or two in the minors. The Devils gave him an opportunity he probably wouldn't have been given had Tom Fitzgerald had a similar development philosophy to Rob Blake.

And it's funny how with my years of posts highlighting players developed successfully without any Kings-like AHL usage, you are silent. But now here for a gotcha moment, congrats.

Btw GBH,

The Kings three best value picks of the Blake era are probably Faber, Anderson and Lafferiere. All three players played multiple years of college hockey. Faber (0) and Lafferiere (4) went straight to the NHL after their first camps as pros and Anderson spent most of the year in the AHL, but his limited games up left most fans convinced he could have been an NHL regular from the drop.

Contrast that with higher picks taken by the Kings who all spent significant time developing (many beginning as teenagers) with the Ontario Reign and "Working with Muzz and (insert 90's King)" and how they have fared relative to where they were drafted. Should we be concerned as to why many of the ones who were under team control, and who were taken higher, have struggled to live up to where they were taken?

Just a coincidence?

You realize he got the opportunity the same way Durzi did right? Same way Lafferierre did, etc, INJURIES.....so if we want to call that a development plan, sure, let's do it.

But all in all good for the kid, it was a minor jab at you crowing about how the Devils are doing it right and letting the kid play, without acknowledging that it was only because of injuries, and saying that it's a development plan,

Lighten up Lucy

• Haha
Reactions: kingsfan28

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Former Kings Stats around the league:

Carl Grundstrom 0-1-1 -1
Rasmus Kupari 1-0-1 -1
Sean Durzi 0-2-2 +2
Alex Iafallo 0-2-2 +0
Viktor Arvidsson 0-0-0 +1
PLD 1-4-5 +1
Matt Roy 0-0-0 -2
Gabe Vilardi 1-3-4 -2
Alec Martinez 0-1-1 -1
Blake Lizotte *INJURED*
Brendan Lemieux *AHL*
Jaret Anderson-Dolan *AHL*
Jonathan Quick 1-0-0, 2.03GAA, .935%

• Wow
Reactions: YP44 and steepdrop

Raccoon Jesus

We were right there
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Only would have been better if he put hughes right into the net

Quite an unlikeable little prick despite the talent, gotta love the act like he's gonna do something 'refs hold me back' bullshit, he's gonna get one of his teammates or himself hurt if he keeps yapping like a chihuahua every time something he doesn't like happens.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Former Kings Stats around the league:

Carl Grundstrom 0-1-1 -1
Rasmus Kupari 1-0-1 -1
Sean Durzi 0-2-2 +2
Alex Iafallo 0-2-2 +0
Viktor Arvidsson 0-0-0 +1
PLD 1-4-5 +1
Matt Roy 0-0-0 -2
Gabe Vilardi 1-3-4 -2
Alec Martinez 0-1-1 -1
Blake Lizotte *INJURED*
Brendan Lemieux *AHL*
Jaret Anderson-Dolan *AHL*
Jonathan Quick 1-0-0, 2.03GAA, .935%
Very slow start by Arvidsson. He has 11 shots in 7 games. Unless he’s injured, that $4M AAV contract could look very pricy for EDM.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Only would have been better if he put hughes right into the net

Quite an unlikeable little prick despite the talent, gotta love the act like he's gonna do something 'refs hold me back' bullshit, he's gonna get one of his teammates or himself hurt if he keeps yapping like a chihuahua every time something he doesn't like happens.
yeah i don't understand what Hughes was even doing there -- and more so what his problem was afterwards with the result/hit. Maybe he was mad at the guy for making him look like a complete fool/idiot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad