Around the League 2024-25 season

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Bjornfot is just a classic example of a player who finished his development at a younger age than everyone else. I remember posting on this forum when he was 19 that he was going to be an excellent 2nd pairing defender, I (and I assume everyone else) thought he'd continue to improve, but he just never did, completely plateau'ed.

This was just a really bad draft by the Kings, but those do happen. The most disappointing thing about this draft was that all the top 2 round assets were allowed to depreciate down to basically nothing. The Kings should have been way more proactive in trying to move these guys before others found out, they were the ones who were watching all these guys everyday.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Kind of a non issue. He would just go onto LTIR like last season - something they know how to do well

I don't think it would be such an issue if he did, but he wouldn't show up for the medical exam to maintain LTIR status/ Pronger, and all the other guys who had LTIR contract in ARZ had to do a yearly medical report. He flew there every year his contract was being covered to get check out for concussion issues. I think it's more of the optics of Vegas getting special treatment from the league again, which it appears they are. I'm sure there are a few GM's shaking their heads.

"This newfound flexibility is a significant change for how Vegas approaches the season. The Golden Knights will now not have to place Lehner on long-term injury (LTIR), will not need to concoct a near perfect season-opening capture to maximize the LTIR usage, and can begin accruing salary cap space for each day they are under the $88 million limit this season. That banked space can then be used at the trade deadline for a more expensive player."

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I don't think it would be such an issue if he did, but he wouldn't show up for the medical exam to maintain LTIR status/ Pronger, and all the other guys who had LTIR contract in ARZ had to do a yearly medical report. He flew there every year his contract was being covered to get check out for concussion issues. I think it's more of the optics of Vegas getting special treatment from the league again, which it appears they are. I'm sure there are a few GM's shaking their heads.

"This newfound flexibility is a significant change for how Vegas approaches the season. The Golden Knights will now not have to place Lehner on long-term injury (LTIR), will not need to concoct a near perfect season-opening capture to maximize the LTIR usage, and can begin accruing salary cap space for each day they are under the $88 million limit this season. That banked space can then be used at the trade deadline for a more expensive player."

Thanks for explaining how its not the same... i see now how teams are pissed that VGK seems to be getting bro deals from buttman

Reactions: kingsfan28

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
First actual game of the season today. So what does the NHL do? Put the game on NHL Network to make sure most people can't watch. Got to love how good this league is at marketing itself.
NBC pulled that shit with Football , putting the second game of the season on Peacock.
I have a fear this will be the norm in an attempt to get to to subscribe to everything

but to us consumers, it's

1728058275421.png

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
First actual game of the season today. So what does the NHL do? Put the game on NHL Network to make sure most people can't watch. Got to love how good this league is at marketing itself.
Friday at 1:00pm Eastern (10:00am Pacific), no ones watching it anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad