Around the League 2024-25 season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It really wouldn’t surprise me if the max contract term comes down in the next CBA.

It would surprise me, the PA would want some SWEET concessions to make up for that

in a cap world that cuts into earning power, term is one of the only tools they can use to boost it

Reactions: tigermask48

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Are there any of these max length contracts that haven't aged like milk at some point over the course of the deal?

A lot of the current ones are younger players rather than older players and those typically age much better, think Doughty's first contract.

The bigtime UFA contracts though typically end up rancid halfway....but different purpose on those ones probably.

Reactions: tigermask48

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The bigtime UFA contracts though typically end up rancid halfway....but different purpose on those ones probably.

Yet we act like the Kings are the only idiots. Every team has done, is doing, or will do this. It's part of the business. Is TB winning anything again any time soon? No. Did they go full rebuild? No. They let Stamkos walk, which is the smart move(although trading him at the deadline in non-contender year would've been smarter), but then turned right around and gave Guentzel a $9m hit for 7 years when he's going to be 30 next month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad