Around the League - 2023/24

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I mean that view is pretty great, but how close is it to a Tim Horton's? Can I make 8 beers deep?
He'd probably fall asleep before he got off his land. That driveway is about twice the length of my building.

Absolutely stinking. The colour scheme fundamentally doesn't work. When Nashville unveiled their current look I remember someone saying "it's ugly - ugly is an identity" but this... this is ugly, with the memory of something genuinely iconic.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I do like that they are manufacturing them in Canada, with the "people who've been making NHL jerseys for 5 decades", provided that's true...
The same facility that's been in Montreal the whole time will continue to make them. So, in that sense at least.

That's obviously very important PR for Fanatics and the league, seeing that they made a huge point about it in the videos.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Nothing wrong with the Anaheim jerseys. They're modernized and the logo looks clean.

Avalanche jersey tweet has nothing noteworthy. Which is okay.

E: Add to that, everything about the Kings jerseys all the way to using the 70s crown is really obvious, but they look the way they're supposed to.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Moops

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The real question is if Weber was snubbed for the Norris...

My argument is that he was good enough to win at least one during his career, just like Varlamov should have won the Vezina/Hart as well. Western Conference bias.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I like the Ducks and Kings because both are absolute upgrades on the rubbish they had before. However, both are flawed. Kings are flawed because something seems off, like they went back to a retro look without making it modern, super weird and I don't like the retro crown. The Ducks is flawed not because of too much orange, but because they kept black when it should've been purple and the tan colour should've been green (keep orange the primary colour though).

Here is what purple/eggplant would have looked like...
GRA8pX7XkAEQams

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I like the Ducks and Kings because both are absolute upgrades on the rubbish they had before. However, both are flawed. Kings are flawed because something seems off, like they went back to a retro look without making it modern, super weird and I don't like the retro crown. The Ducks is flawed not because of too much orange, but because they kept black when it should've been purple and the tan colour should've been green (keep orange the primary colour though).

Here is what purple/eggplant would have looked like...
GRA8pX7XkAEQams
Sweet, you made it look like a weird horror film.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It'd be funny if an expansion NHL team made all their promotional materials like a weird surrealistic horror film and never mentioned it.

"What the f*** is this video the Phoenix Aridity posted?"
"...in combination with Alfred Hitchcock's storytelling and Salvador Dali's mind, I present you the Utah Schizophrenics or the Houston Jeepers Creepers."

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
The knock on Weber was that there was always someone *just* that much better than him each season, thus his lack of a Norris.
He was obviously a great defenseman who was just snubbed a number of times.
I've got no issue with him getting into the Hall, but not freakin' first ballot automatic lock.
It's a bad look.
He's the sort of player that you keep on the back burner and induct during a slow year a decade or more after his career is up. Like Roenick.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
If the NHL had even remotely competent refs, I'd seriously like the league to consider eliminating reviews all together. I feel like the momentum they kill are almost as bad as having an illegitimate penalty against stick. I understand them wanting to get goals right, but nobody even comes close to truly understanding goalie interference. Also, I can't believe that there aren't clear 4K resolution photos for the refs to review. This zooming in on 720p shit with pixels and blur everywhere is pretty armature horseshit 2024.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Haha I was about to comment the exact opposite. Purple and gold is nice but this version, I love so much more
It's a huge improvement, but I think I'm just tired personally of black being a primary color for jerseys. I mean there's a whole rainbow of colors to choose from and nobody is using purple and gold (which are perfect colors for a team named after royalty.) But again, I think the color thing is probably pure personal preference at this point for me and I'm probably one of the very few who wish for the Kings to return to it.

Reactions: BrickNHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad