Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
DOWN the stretch we go.

As of this writing we are 2nd in the Pacific, 8 points behind the Canucks with 3 games in hand and 1 game head to head left. Canucks have their starting goalie out but have an easy schedule at home. Kings are 5 points behind us and we have 2 games in hand on them. Vegas is 2 points behind LA with even games played. Closing on Vegas is Minnesota who is 3 points behind and StLouis who are 4 points behind, Vegas having a game in hand on both teams so they have the inside track on making the playoffs. However Nashville is 5 points up on Vegas for the 1st WC so Vegas would play the best team in the Western Conference and may cross over if one of Winnipeg, Colorado or Dallas finishes ahead of the Canucks.

We probably finish in 2nd with LA as our 1st round opponent for a 3rd straight year.

So a new thread to crap on our opponents in the stretch drive.

Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 12.03.35 AM.png

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Awwwwwwwright, new thread.

Also wish they did the old points system so Nashville could be ahead of the Kings.
Divisional seeding is dumb, Conference is enough.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Can Seattle play spoiler tomorrow night against Vega?

DOWN the stretch we go.

As of this writing we are 2nd in the Pacific, 8 points behind the Canucks with 3 games in hand and 1 game head to head left. Canucks have their starting goalie out but have an easy schedule at home. Kings are 5 points behind us and we have 2 games in hand on them. Vegas is 2 points behind LA with even games played. Closing on Vegas is Minnesota who is 3 points behind and StLouis who are 4 points behind, Vegas having a game in hand on both teams so they have the inside track on making the playoffs. However Nashville is 5 points up on Vegas for the 1st WC so Vegas would play the best team in the Western Conference and may cross over if one of Winnipeg, Colorado or Dallas finishes ahead of the Canucks.

We probably finish in 2nd with LA as our 1st round opponent for a 3rd straight year.

So a new thread to crap on our opponents in the stretch drive.

View attachment 838791
Honourable mention to the Flames who will finish strong out of a good draft position.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Klim got his 5th point in 6 games for San Jose last night. He also showed us why no coach on a good team is willing to play him. Watch the goals scored at 7:20 and 9:20 of the highlight package.

The first goal he leaves his assignment to do a loop behind the net. The player he was supposed to be covering is now wide open in the slot and scores. The second goal he tries to skate through two Preds in his own end instead of passing the puck. He turns it over and five seconds later it is in his own net.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Klim got his 5th point in 6 games for San Jose last night. He also showed us why no coach on a good team is willing to play him. Watch the goals scored at 7:20 and 9:20 of the highlight package.

The first goal he leaves his assignment to do a loop behind the net. The player he was supposed to be covering is now wide open in the slot and scores. The second goal he tries to skate through two Preds in his own end instead of passing the puck. He turns it over and five seconds later it is in his own net.

Yup, we saw the same types of things here, which got him moved from St. Louis, and then from Detroit to a bottom feeder where he can get all the meaningless points he wants.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I would absolutely love it if Vegas has to cross over as the WC in the central. Two of Colorado, Vegas, Dallas, Winnipeg going out in the first round and the other two having to face eachother in the second would be great. Somehow I doubt that’s what the league would like to see.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I know they're due to beat us at some point, but I say bring on the Kings. Their starting goalie tonight is David Rittich. Our offense could possibly feast on their net-minding.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I know they're due to beat us at some point, but I say bring on the Kings. Their starting goalie tonight is David Rittich. Our offense could possibly feast on their net-minding.
I think this is the best bet too.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Warms my heart that there might be some die-hard little kid Kings fan (I'm sure they exist) who will grow up into adulthood absolutely HATING the Oilers for eliminating their team from the playoffs every damn year.

Because that was my childhood experience with Dallas (other than '97). I hated those guys and that entire organization. Would be nice to pay that pain forward.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Vintage Matthews today

Playing a non playoff team and the goals start coming lol

I think he is barely at 20% or actually less in goals against playoff teams

Washington with 4 penalties in a row when down 4-2

Wonder what that feels like. Having a 2 goal lead and getting 4 straight PPs

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Hoping for a Wild win but even though that gets them within 1 point, Corporate LTIR has 2 games in hand on them.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Apparently Matthew’s didn’t need Marner tonight.
Doesn’t look like anyone out east wants that last wild card spot.

Vintage Matthews today

Playing a non playoff team and the goals start coming lol

I think he is barely at 20% or actually less in goals against playoff teams

Washington with 4 penalties in a row when down 4-2

Wonder what that feels like. Having a 2 goal lead and getting 4 straight PPs
Well, we did get 6 minutes in a row last game and barely squeezed one goal out of it.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The Kings know they’re screwing everybody over (including themselves) by beating Minnesota tonight and letting Vegas in the playoffs right?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Kings know they’re screwing everybody over (including themselves) by beating Minnesota tonight and letting Vegas in the playoffs right?
Minny are a danger to Kings too. All the teams have to take care of their own business. Kings-Wild game has the intensity of a playoff match. Hammering hits, board rattling and fights already. Minny are dirty and was all know LA can be.

Kings approaching this as a big 4pt game which it is. Vegas would be least of their thoughts.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Warms my heart that there might be some die-hard little kid Kings fan (I'm sure they exist) who will grow up into adulthood absolutely HATING the Oilers for eliminating their team from the playoffs every damn year.

Because that was my childhood experience with Dallas (other than '97). I hated those guys and that entire organization. Would be nice to pay that pain forward.

f***ing Hatcher, 6 foot f***ing 7 pylon

• Haha
Reactions: TB12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad