GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Always nice to hear the Zelda theme

Stars are taking too many shots defending this 1 goal lead. Everyone knows it’s 13 shots or less.
Pretty much everything from periphery. I actually think Dallas had the best scoring chances in the period.

In anycase its a new series and Dallas have home advantage back, albeit in a series where the home team has lost every game so far. I have a feeling Dallas just goes on a roll now.

Lots of knights fans left the building at a minute and 22 seconds left with two to tie it.
Well, Dallas are not the Preds. There wasn't going to be any comeback.

So Elvis left the building..

Vegas fans also saw their team lose BOTH games at home when they had a golden (excuse pun) chance to either finish or take a commanding lead in series. I mean all vegas had to do was get a split at home. They deserved to lose both games.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Pretty much everything from periphery. I actually think Dallas had the best scoring chances in the period.

In anycase its a new series and Dallas have home advantage back, albeit in a series where the home team has lost every game so far. I have a feeling Dallas just goes on a roll now.

Well, Dallas are not the Preds. There wasn't going to be any comeback.

Vegas fans also saw their team lose BOTH games at home when they had a golden (excuse pun) chance to either finish or take a commanding lead in series. I mean all vegas had to do was get a split at home. They deserved to lose both games.
I wouldn’t excuse them for that. It’s not like Otters unbeatable. Stay and support your team.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Vegas really deserve the worst fate that can happen to them in this series. Remember that it was Vegas intentionally blowing multiple games including last game against an awful club so that they could play Dallas. Cheating Theiving Knights cheating so many ways may just end up shooting themselves with their own gun.

Wonder what its like to have basically everybody in the hockey world cheering against you. Rarely seen such an unpopular SC team.

I wouldn’t excuse them for that. It’s not like Otters unbeatable. Stay and support your team.
I've never left a game early. I'm not absolving it. Mind you I like just staying around a bit after a game. Kind of a tradition. Rarely in a hurry to get out. I'm more about taking my time, let everybody else fight to get out and right into a traffic jam and maybe grabbing a bite or something somewhere and going home later.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Kinibo

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I fell asleep because of all the extremely late oiler games and Dallas won.

They did say after the two in Dallas, they may be a better road team. Looks like Thompson may not turn into hill after all.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Stamkos to Leafs in the offseason? I think it’ll happen. They can’t help themselves running Pajama boys even though it always ends up in failure.
I think the Habs might have a shot at him. Good connection with Vinny and Marty, talented up and coming team. He’s not what the Leafs need.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Keefe will be joining that group very shortly.

Also Jay Woodcroft fired less than 20 games into his extension. If I owned a club and a GM fired a coach before or in the year his extension kicked in I’d fire the GM as well. Some of these GM’s can’t get out of their own way.

Reactions: Gordian Knot

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Wasn’t it a season and 20 games into his extension?

F259503D-28D7-44ED-B8A7-BF7BDF2B3F1E.gif

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Vegas really deserve the worst fate that can happen to them in this series. Remember that it was Vegas intentionally blowing multiple games including last game against an awful club so that they could play Dallas. Cheating Theiving Knights cheating so many ways may just end up shooting themselves with their own gun.

Wonder what its like to have basically everybody in the hockey world cheering against you. Rarely seen such an unpopular SC team.

I've never left a game early. I'm not absolving it. Mind you I like just staying around a bit after a game. Kind of a tradition. Rarely in a hurry to get out. I'm more about taking my time, let everybody else fight to get out and right into a traffic jam and maybe grabbing a bite or something somewhere and going home later.
Honestly, like you I can't remember ever leaving a game early, though in many instances I don't blame people. I've said this before but I was at the great come back vs Dallas when it seemed half the crowd left. After that it was literally 17 years before I saw the Oilers win another game live despite going to 3-5 games per year typically. During that insane stretch, which included much of the DoD, there were nights when deservedly there weren't many of us left to hear the three stars.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I think the Habs might have a shot at him. Good connection with Vinny and Marty, talented up and coming team. He’s not what the Leafs need.
That said I could see them moving Marner for defense and futures and then using the savings to sign Stamkos. Depending on the return for Marner it might not be a bad move with Tavares almost done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad