GDT: Around The League 2023-24: Post Season of Misery and What-Ifs :(

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who wins the East?

• Walker, New York Rangers

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • The Pink Panthers

Votes: 28 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I ran into a guy in an Oiler sweater at the airport who was coming back from Florida--he was in attendance at game #7.

He said that the Florida fans were quite friendly towards him but he said once you got 2 blocks from the arena there were no gatherings of fans and no celebrations at all. For most Floridians it was a non-event.

Nascar still the rage.

Hey, to be fair, Bettman is right, still growing the game down there. Went from empty stands to being able to fill them (mostly) finally after a Pres Trophy win, Finals appearance and Cup Win. Would need another Cup win to have fan gatherings a block or two away. No worries though, I'm sure the fans will remain loyal the next time they miss the playoffs.

Donner

Jul 16, 2022
Magpie gone to the Capitals so the dismantling has really started with the Flames.

The next step is probably getting out from under the Kadri contract. Leafs would be best destination.
Seems they are in full blown tank mode. However, I dont think they can even tank right as the players locked into longer terms deals that cant be moved will likely keep them just outside the bottom 10. Theyll be stuck in that 10-15 zone that they have been in for a decade before

When JG and MT abandoned ship, they should have rebuilt then. MT could have been traded for draft capital and young prospects, and they could have avoided bad contracts for UFAs.

They likely would have picked in the top 5 in 2023, 2024 and 2025- all 3 being loaded for talent in the top 5. And seemingly average in the 6-20 range

Rudderless ship with probably the bleakest future in the NHL

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
This was it. This what the chance. Even a great team gets knocked out in the 2nd round. Im sad. Please tell me this isnt it before contracts are up

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Never heard of this before.

Guess it isn’t just us, or this current iteration of NHL executive management that finds a way to barf on themselves and f*** teams over.

The NHL has always operated with the “Rules on the Fly” mentality cementing is as the most bush league of all leagues for eons now. Sadly I still give them my money somehow so who’s the real idiot. I say me.

Reactions: bellagiobob

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The NHL has always operated with the “Rules on the Fly” mentality cementing is as the most bush league of all leagues for eons now. Sadly I still give them my money somehow so who’s the real idiot. I say me.

In this specific example I would litigate if I were the Red Wings. A player the quality of Bure has material impact on revenue and franchise value, there was legitimate loss created by this flippant nonsense from the league office.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad