GDT: Around the League 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

So they knew about this and didn't decide to ask a question or two? What a gong show. I'm not saying anyone is guilty or not guilty, but the lack of giving the f*** over potential rapists is just sickening. Again not saying anyone is guilty or not guilty, but if anyone is guilty you are now freely just ignoring the crime and allowing a rapists to reoffend?

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I listened to Francis on Laughlins show yesterday. Nauseating
Eric Francis is the biggest fart catcher in the league. Total water carrier for the Flamers ownership group. His take on Johnny Regular Season owing the organization and fans anything with the decision to fly South for his winters is total cringeworthy for a media person who should some distance aka objectivity between the team and his profession as a writer.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Eric Francis is the biggest fart catcher in the league. Total water carrier for the Flamers ownership group. His take on Johnny Regular Season owing the organization and fans anything with the decision to fly South for his winters is total cringeworthy for a media person who should some distance aka objectivity between the team and his profession as a writer.
Does he chop wood though?! Asking the real questions here.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Can't see anything but that a player going to Columbus doesn't even care about winning, getting much done, or even being in a spotlight. Kind of where go to disappear historically. One of the more nothing franchises in the league.
" I want to go play and live in Columbus, said nobody."

Its a place where anybody with a brain wants to get out of for better fortunes. People like Jeff Carter.

Jeff Carter getting out of Tombstone town so he can go win a Stanley Cup.

lol random factoid of the day

Last edited:
Reactions: MessierII

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I love the below. How is it not his decision at the end of the day? He wants to be there he can make sure his agent gets a deal done. If I'm Treliving I'm either signing him asap or trading him asap. They can't afford to go into the season again with their best player being a UFA and risking losing him for nothing or even getting hurt where they can't even trade him. Of course I don't know how much say he really has as I'm pretty sure ownership fires him for making the smart move

"I still have one more year left on my contract," Huberdeau said Monday. "I'm open to staying with the Flames, but at the end of the day it's not my decision. It's my general manager (Brad Treliving) and agent who work this out. It would be something I'm open about it and obviously they're the ones that traded for me. That means they want me. ... you want to play for a team that wants you, and that's all I want."
Sounds like the writing is on the wall already.

Similar tone to what both Johnny and Matthew were saying a year ago.

You are right in saying that if the player wants the deal done then he tells the agent to get it done--unless the agent himself is lacing them up.

Reactions: Oilhawks

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Can't see anything but that a player going to Columbus doesn't even care about winning, getting much done, or even being in a spotlight. Kind of where go to disappear historically. One of the more nothing franchises in the league.
" I want to go play and live in Columbus, said nobody."

Its a place where anybody with a brain wants to get out of for better fortunes. People like Jeff Carter.

Jeff Carter getting out of Tombstone town so he can go win a Stanley Cup.

lol random factoid of the day

The Winnipeg of the South. They call it. Lol

Reactions: Drivesaitl

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

ryceballz-oof.gif

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
And then Eric says, as As Governor Lepetomane said, We have to protect our phoney baloney jobs here, gentlemen! We must do something about this immediately! Immediately

I think someone forgot to tell Eric that rubbing each other's genitalia doesnt quite count as doing something outside of their orfice..........i mean offices

Reactions: oilers'72

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Toews should just terminate his contract. Already received his bonus which is 4mil of the just under 7mil owed to him.

Who exactly is going to trade for a guy that is declining for a cap hit of 10.5mil. Even if CHI retains half that's still a lot for a borderline 2nd liner.

I'm sure there are teams that would take the full cap hit or even half as they need to get to the floor, but that NMC pretty much blocks that.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Toews should just terminate his contract. Already received his bonus which is 4mil of the just under 7mil owed to him.

Who exactly is going to trade for a guy that is declining for a cap hit of 10.5mil. Even if CHI retains half that's still a lot for a borderline 2nd liner.

I'm sure there are teams that would take the full cap hit or even half as they need to get to the floor, but that NMC pretty much blocks that.

It worked for Bogosian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad