GDT: Around the League 2020-21 v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Well that seems like an overreaction. Apparently lots of Habs fans like it though.

Never really seems like Bergevin knows where he's taking this team.

Edit: This from the Habs Board regarding how Julien was f***ing up:

Saundies:
Same things you guys used to talk about in Boston. Not giving young players any sort of leash, offensively stifling the line-up, barely/no in game adjustments and going back to the well (which wasn't working) too many times.

All the other teams in the North have adjusted and got better. We've stayed the same and got worse. It was deserved, and I like Claude as a guy.

That sounds like the stuff we were saying about TMac before the end of his time here.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Yeah I want the Oilers to catch the Leafs but that dumpster fire down south can just continue to burn as far as I'm concerned.

Yep, that's why I want the teams above the playoff line to beat the teams below to keep creating that distance and tapping nails in their coffins. Whether the Oilers finish 1st or 4th in the North makes no difference except where they start their playoff series'. Calgary and Vancouver are still well within striking distance of Montreal and Winnipeg.

The last time Calgary got pummeled like that was by Pittsburgh and they went on a hell of a winning streak after that. Hopefully history doesn't repeat. Need Toronto to win tonight.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I am listening to some dolt on SNET 650 saying Toronto is the clear cut head shoulders #1 team. "They got a lot of offense and you can see the guys are figuring it out. You know, they don't need the greatest defense or anything either".

"Montreal should be #2. There is no question that this team should be competing for #2"

I need to find out what this idiots name is lol

It was Louis Jean

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Let's just hope the CGY/TOR game doesn't end up in OT.

I think a larger part of me wants to see Calgary lose but having the opportunity to catch Toronto in the standings next week would be pretty cool.

Reactions: oilers'72

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
For the Oilers sake I hope they keep all of them forever.

Speaking of forever...I was looking around at the different North Division teams' schedule calendars to see who's playing who coming up and I noticed something interesting: All of the teams' websites have horizontal team banners with either just the team name as is the case with Ottawa Senators, Winnipeg Jets and Vancouver Canucks, or a hashtag such as #LetsGoOilers and #GoHabsGo, or a slogan like Calgary's C of Red Lives Here. Toronto's banner on the other hand is Leafs Forever. I guess they want to draw attention to how long it's been since they last won a Cup. Here I thought they were just insecure narcissists but it turns out they're masochists too. It explains so much.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Not gonna lie, I would love to see Ottawa go on a heater for the remainder of the season. Even if it's at the expense of a few points for the good guys.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The Habs are still by far the best 5v5 team in the league even in the last 10 games.

Sure, the special teams are ass, but firing the coaches seems a little drastic.

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad