Around The League 2019-20 part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
NYR acquiring Eichel would be an absolute disaster for us and everyone else in the Metro. I know we joke about him being the coach/GM, but he is a future Hart trophy winner who will explode the second he gets out of that festering cancer hole.

My gut feeling is that he is inevitably traded. Murray's rebuild failed, and all of the guys from that core are now 24-26 (Eichel will be 24 next month), inching closer and closer to UFA age. Maybe not this year, but Buffalo is not close to competing and I don't think he'll be willing to wait around any longer. My only hope is that when he does get traded it's out west, because putting him on a competent eastern team would be a nightmare for everyone else.

Also - lmao, the Sabres have a total of 6 (six) forwards signed for next season - Eichel, Skinner, Okposo, Staal, Lazar, and Asplund.

Reactions: glenwo2 and Oneiro

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The Rangers definitely have the ammo for a trade like that but would it really be worth it at that cost?

Reactions: tr83

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
NYR acquiring Eichel would be an absolute disaster for us and everyone else in the Metro. I know we joke about him being the coach/GM, but he is a future Hart trophy winner who will explode the second he gets out of that festering cancer hole.

My gut feeling is that he is inevitably traded. Murray's rebuild failed, and all of the guys from that core are now 24-26 (Eichel will be 24 next month), inching closer and closer to UFA age. Maybe not this year, but Buffalo is not close to competing and I don't think he'll be willing to wait around any longer. My only hope is that when he does get traded it's out west, because putting him on a competent eastern team would be a nightmare for everyone else.

Also - lmao, the Sabres have a total of 6 (six) forwards signed for next season - Eichel, Skinner, Okposo, Staal, Lazar, and Asplund.

9 million a year for Skinner :laugh:

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

oh come on

tenor.gif

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I don't think its going to happen either, but there are plenty of other ways they could do it without involving Trouba

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Killorn plays on the wing and would bring some much needed veteran presence to a very young team. He’s a hard nose player that can really help out someone like Hughes and we need a gritty top 6 forward, especially at right wing.

He has 3 years remaining on his deal and if he doesn’t like it here, he would hold the same type of value Coleman had when we moved him.
He wouldn’t have the same value. Killorn makes 4.45m and that salary is what guarantees he’s getting moved because a deep team is cap trouble can’t spend that on a middle six forward. Coleman makes 1.8m, if he made more he’d still be on the Devils.

I guess it annoys me when the unique qualities of Coleman’s trade value are ignored, even if you retain 50% on most players and they’ll still cost more 1.8m and teams typically aren’t retaining salary for a full season on a player they rather keep for futures. Tampa needed a dirt cheap budget version of their middle six forwards and they paid a king’s ransom for it.

Killorn also just turned 31 and has three years left on his deal. His production is humming and he’s playing well so his aging curve isn’t too much of a concern in the first couple of years but he’ll be 33 in his last year so his value could dip due to that. He’s a real useful player to have and he’d be a great pick up, a lot of teams are probably interested.

Reactions: Forge

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
The Rangers totally have the chips to make a big play for Eichel.

1OA/Kakko + Fox/DeA + Chytil/Strome + 2021 1st...

It’s a massive package that essentially amounts to “sleeves off the vest”... and they land Eichel.

Oy vey.

that’s a lot to give up imo. While eichel is good he isn’t mcdavid good. Still not convinced of a big name wanting to go to nyc being able to succeed.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

The Rangers aren’t trading the 1OA, it won’t happen. If they somehow offer Kaako, Buffalo should suspect something’s wrong with him but they likely won’t. Elite talent on ELCs is just too valuable with a hard cap. Rangers have a lot of assets other than those to offer but so do some other teams, so I’m not going to get the vapors over the Rangers in particular.

Buffalo paid Eichel a 7.5m signing bonus in July and only owes him 2.5m in salary so they aren’t going to ship him anywhere unless he refuses to play and the tweet thread said he’s not asking for a trade.

Now he doesn’t have a signing bonus in 2021-22 but he has one (7.5m) in 2022-2023. A NMC also starts in 22-23, so if they were going to trade him it would most likely be before they give him that 7.5m bonus (July 1 2022) and the NMC kicks in (July 1 2022 I guess?).

Reactions: Bleedred and Oneiro

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
The Rangers having a ton of talent to make an offer for eichel as many on here said. Why is that? The devils have been rebuilding longer and had better draft positions and won two lottos

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
are we really going through why the Rangers have so many assets again? I've done that numerous times over the past few months

they've gotten like 5 extra 1st round picks from trades over the past 3-4 years. The Devils never had players worthy of being traded for things like that until this year with Hall and Coleman. They also got maybe the best UFA ever to sign with them for nothing but $$$. The end.

Last edited:

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Really will be interesting to see how the nfl handles this outbreak with the Titans. You can’t just write off games like mlb did.

bubbles are the only way to play through this. The nhl is absolutely delusional if they think they can make it through the winter without missing big chunks of games. I get no player wants to be away for months on end but not sure how else they could do it.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Really will be interesting to see how the nfl handles this outbreak with the Titans. You can’t just write off games like mlb did.

bubbles are the only way to play through this. The nhl is absolutely delusional if they think they can make it through the winter without missing big chunks of games. I get no player wants to be away for months on end but not sure how else they could do it.

NHL to consider concept of hybrid bubbles for 2021 season - TSN.ca

The league and NHLPA are exploring a hybrid bubble system.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad