Around the League 2019-20 - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Pauls done a good job here but... I feel its time for a new voice in the room. Hes been here a long long time. Change is coming

Can we make a deal with Seattle and send Mo instead and keep our players?

Boy one loss again and suddenly we’re back on this bandwagon? :laugh: The mood swings gotta be agonizing.

Reactions: SLAYER and Jets 31

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Seems a bit out of the blue, would he just choose to leave Winnipeg?
I have no problem with that though - been hoping for a coaching chance for a while.

Well, Maurice doesn't have a contract after this season, as far as we know, so he has to look at his options. Maybe Maurice is the one starting the rumor....

Reactions: hn777

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
The one thing that Mo seems to be able to do is give players a role and they buy in and play that role.

Didn’t seem to work last year as too many players were up for a new contract and wanted to play a certain way to maximize their contract position, contrary to the success of the team, IMO.

Reactions: GNP and Jets 31

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Can we make a deal with Seattle and send Mo instead and keep our players?
If you're saying, sign Mo to a two year deal, then make a deal at the expansion draft to allow his movement to Seattle to avoid losing a valuable player, I find that very interesting.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
When’s the last time a coach voluntarily left one team to go to a different team?

He can only do that if his contract has expired, like Babcock's had in Detroit, or if his current team agrees to let him go.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Do we really know his contract status?

Based on recent reports ( from Pierre LeBrun) , that were discussed on here a while back, he's in the last year of his contract. But, given that we are dealing with TNSE, Maurice could have re-signed for another 10 seasons last week and none of us would know about it until next August.. if we are lucky.

Reactions: Teemusalami204

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Based on recent reports ( from Pierre LeBrun) , that were discussed on here a while back, he's in the last year of his contract. But, given that we are dealing with TNSE, Maurice could have re-signed for another 10 seasons last week and none of us would know about it until next August.. if we are lucky.

I'm going by the last extension. AFAIK no duration was announced. Does LeBrun know, or is he just assuming it was for 3 years? That would be a reasonable guess, but still a guess. I don't think we know Chevy's term either.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Boy one loss again and suddenly we’re back on this bandwagon? :laugh: The mood swings gotta be agonizing.

IDK about a bandwagon. Even if we had won last night giving them Maurice instead of a good player would still be tempting.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Are we really talking about Maurice in the Around the League thread when we could be making fun of the Leafs for losing yet again?

In fairness, it did come out in an around the league context - PMo going to Seattle.

None

Feb 22, 2012

Maybe Shero is playing mind games with the GMs that are in on Hall :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad