Around the League 2018-19 V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
One thing I just now thought of and didn't previously comment on in regards to the Stanley Cup Final.

Tuukka Rask now has the misfortune of winning 1 Stanley Cup as a backup, in a playoffs where he didn't even see a second of ice time, but has lost in the Stanley Cup Finals twice as a starter.

It sucks for him because he was a lock for the Conn Smythe if the Bruins won this year and he was also probably the favorite in 2013 if the Bruins won that year. But somehow he may go down with this ''0-2 in the SCF'' reputation if he doesn't win a cup as a starter before his career is over.

That poor son of a bitch. Only 1 Cup in 3 tries :sarcasm:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How do we even know Hall wants to play with Eberle?

And in keeping with the paranoid nature of this forum right now, what if Lou plans to steal Hall from us in free agency next year? And his decision to re-sign Eberle was calculated to draw Hall there all along?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
How do we even know Hall wants to play with Eberle?

And in keeping with the paranoid nature of this forum right now, what if Lou plans to steal Hall from us in free agency next year? And his decision to re-sign Eberle was calculated to draw Hall there all along?

F42CF51D-52C3-4A6A-809E-A7106CD059BB.gif

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Ugh this was my first thought upon seeing the news. Gudas and Wilson on the same team? **** that.

Potential for generational suspensions

They've both previously been suspended for preseason shenanigans that carried over into regular seasons too if I'm remembering that right

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I agree. However, there is a risk that he is going to be the next Lucic, Backes, Ladd, Okposo etc.

I don't think he'd be down to that level. Ladd would be the most likely comparison to him. I still think he's going to be a solid player for a few years. He is great around the net as well, especially on the PP. He would be very good for Hughes to play with.

I didn't realize though that Lee scored at a 20% clip in 2017-18 lol that's ridiculous.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Minor deal, but Tampa traded prospect goalie Connor Ingram to Nashville for a 7th rounder. Decent low cost gamble for Nashville. Ingram had put up good numbers in his two AHL seasons, but got banished to the ECHL after clashing with the coaching staff. I vaguely recall a coach calling out his commitment level.

Mildly amused since it seemed like Tampa was happy enough to move on from Ingram after the incident(s), but a few posters insisted he was worth a good prospect in return.

Reactions: mdj12784

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
lol they’re showing the 94 parade on MSG right now. if anyone is a fan of fashion and tv graphics from 25 years ago, be sure to tune in.

Reactions: Bleedred

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
As somebody who spent way too much time playing NHL '95 growing up, I can't help but smile when I see jerseys from that era. I didn't realize it was a skate until many years later too.
I relate very much to this :laugh:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I relate very much to this :laugh:

Maybe once a year I'll bust out the DOS emulator and fire up NHL '95. I used to keep updated rosters, but the editor stopped working with more recent versions of Windows.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id...l-94-tournament-top-players-action-experience

There's a semi-dedicated NHL '94 community. I signed up for their message boards in order to find the old NHL '95 emulator, as a result I'll get an annual invite to the NHL '94 "world championships". One year it was in Vegas on a weekend when I was thinking about going for other reasons, so I debated dropping by. I played NHL '95 on the PC, so I'd probably get smoked playing '94 on SNES/Genesis.

New-NHL-94-Tees.jpg

The last thing I need is more novelty shirts, but these ones are fun.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I wouldn't have minded Eberle at that price, although it would have probably ended up north of 6 million per year if he'd actually hit the open market.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
As somebody who spent way too much time playing NHL '95 growing up, I can't help but smile when I see jerseys from that era. I didn't realize it was a skate until many years later too.

I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone that knew it was a skate initially. On nhl radio today they mentioned that the nucks hired a psychologist or something like that to design this as like a mind f to the opposition

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Maybe once a year I'll bust out the DOS emulator and fire up NHL '95. I used to keep updated rosters, but the editor stopped working with more recent versions of Windows.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id...l-94-tournament-top-players-action-experience

There's a semi-dedicated NHL '94 community. I signed up for their message boards in order to find the old NHL '95 emulator, as a result I'll get an annual invite to the NHL '94 "world championships". One year it was in Vegas on a weekend when I was thinking about going for other reasons, so I debated dropping by. I played NHL '95 on the PC, so I'd probably get smoked playing '94 on SNES/Genesis.

New-NHL-94-Tees.jpg

The last thing I need is more novelty shirts, but these ones are fun.

The Hall one has to be in red, white, or black, right?

Reactions: mdj12784

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm relieved Eberle pulled $5.5M, which seems like a rational & reasonable figure for his risk/reward, as it only confirms the Skinner contract was simply bat**** crazy & not indicative that FA contracts are ballooning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad