Around the League 2018-19: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Might end up with 20+, might be gone for the remainder of the season + some of the playoffs because he already got 10 for the slash to Perreault's neck. It looks like he's looking straight at the area he slashes.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Actually the slash to Perreault was last season... it all blends together now. Either way, I believe he will be considered a repeat offender, no?

He'll be considered a repeat offender, but that only matters for determining how much salary he forfeits. Every suspension looks into previous suspension history, regardless of how much time has passed since the last suspension.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I don't believe this is the case, but I'm wrong a lot.

What is a "Repeat Offender"?
It is important to note that even if a Player is not defined as a repeat offender, his past history may come into consideration when determining future Supplemental Discipline.

The context in this case is Gudas has already been suspended for what was determined to be an intentional slash to Perreault's neck and the slash in the game against the Lightning definitely looked intentional to me. The "may come into consideration" to me is saying "is it a similar incident that he's already been suspended for?"

It shows that Gudas hasn't learned what he did was wrong to me, or that he has a reckless disregard for other players.

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
Smith-Pelly on waivers from Washington... $1m cap hit. I wonder if anyone will pick him up for forward depth and playoff experience?

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Sometimes I wonder in hindsight if we should of done the same thing with Wheeler that we did with Ladd before they signed him to his big contract, probably would of been impossible to do considering the year both he and the Jets were having.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad