OT: Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Anyone watching the DET BOS game? Frustrating to watch, BOS is giving DET no room at all in the offensive zone.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
guys, what's your opinions on higher ticket prices for playoffs?

I think it's fine honestly. It's premium hockey so you pay more for it.

What is kind of annoying is the upcharge for everything else.

Parking fee up-charge. Normally 10$ is now 12$

Beer normally 12$ is now 14$ and no 2$ beers on the party deck after.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

Yup. Complete agreement. Understand and agree with ticket mark up, understand but don't agree with everything else getting marked up.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Watching CBJ, man do they want to win and you can see it in every player. Such killer instinct, which is something I feel I have not seen at all from the Bolts this series.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Watching CBJ, man do they want to win and you can see it in every player. Such killer instinct, which is something I feel I have not seen at all from the Bolts this series.

They're not the most talented bunch but damn that's a motivated collective. It's like their roster is full of Palats and Callahans. Beautiful to watch!

I hope the Bolts are watching. Both goals were off juicy rebounds. No fancy passing and stickhandling - just putting the puck on net and following it.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
They're not the most talented bunch but damn that's a motivated collective. It's like their roster is full of Palats and Callahans. Beautiful to watch!

I hope the Bolts are watching. Both goals were off juicy rebounds. No fancy passing and stickhandling - just putting the puck on net and following it.

I would give anything to watch the Bolts make this part of their regular repertoire. It's nice to see the fancy plays on Sportscenter, but that's not a sustainable method in the playoffs.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
in fairness here, who are you more likely to get juicy rebounds against, Carey Price, or Marc-Andre Fleury? I get what you guys are saying and I agree with most of it but I think everyone here knows that Price is a world-class goalie.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
in fairness here, who are you more likely to get juicy rebounds against, Carey Price, or Marc-Andre Fleury? I get what you guys are saying and I agree with most of it but I think everyone here knows that Price is a world-class goalie.

Unless Price has velcro on his pads, he's going to give up rebounds. May not be a fat rebound laying between the hashmarks every time you put the puck on net, but it's still a strategy that will be effective. Especially since Montreal's defensemen aren't overly physical or big. We get 2 or 3 guys jamming away at the puck and Price, we're gonna get some goals.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
Cooke knees Tyson Barrie absolute joke that he's still in the league. apparently he cant control his body despite being a high level athlete.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
How many more times will the league allow this guy to injure players? Disgusting play.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

how is it premium hockey compared to the regular season?

Yup. Complete agreement. Understand and agree with ticket mark up, understand but don't agree with everything else getting marked up.

What do you mean when you say you 'understand'?

Last edited:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
how is it premium hockey compared to the regular season?

It's premium hockey because it is supposed to be played at a higher level. Plus, it's simple economics. More people want to go to playoff games, but there aren't suddenly more tickets. Demand goes up, supply stays the same, therefore price goes up.

What do you mean when you say you 'understand'?

I understand meaning I get why they would mark it up.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
@LouisJean_TVA: Stamkos reached out to Robidas last night after he broke his leg. Both were in constant contact this year during rehabing process.
Class act

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Since the Bolts have been eliminated, I'm watching non TB hockey.

Did you know that Pittsburgh had players besides Sid and Malkin? Blew my ****ing mind.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
As a hockey fan, is there any worse feeling on the planet than when you fall asleep during the middle of the action during the postseason, wake up, and see that you missed:

*Columbus completing the comeback and winning in OT
*Dallas scoring two in the third period to cap off their comeback
*Entirety of the Blues/'Hawks game, from a series that has only been the best series in the West this year

I mean, dammit. I hate this.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
Does the NHl have the worst national announcers in sports? I really only like hockey don't watch any other sports but Doc, Healy, Pierre etc are unbearable. Often have to mute my tv.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad