Scott Arniel named head coach of the Jets

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Boo.

Roll it back more of the same I guess. Cause it worked well in the regular season at least.

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg
I remember the complaints when they hired Bowness and it turned out pretty well. Lose in the Playoffs to the eventual Stanley Cup Champs - Vegas Cheaters and then get steamrolled by the Avs with an oddly determined Nicushkin, Makar and Mackinnon. Can't say I'm a fan of the playoff seeding but I'll give Arniel a chance at least. Besides which who was available that actually wanted to coach the Jets? Top couple of candidates were already gone and Todd Nelson's team is still playing.

Varcus

Dec 3, 2015
Hope this works out for you. The unknown in hiring an unknown coach. It makes you wonder if this is cost saving management at its cheapest hour. The jets fans deserve better imo.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
As a Jets fan, not excited by this hire in the least. Disappointing TBH

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
When Commodore played in Columbus he (as usual) couldn't cut it, so Arniel did what every other person who has coached this loser did: healthy scratch his talentless ass.

And of course, as usual, Commodore whined in the media, pretending he deserved to play and moved on to his next team, expecting it would get better.

His next stop was Detroit and Babcock.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Hope this works out for you. The unknown in hiring an unknown coach. It makes you wonder if this is cost saving management at its cheapest hour. The jets fans deserve better imo.

He's not any cheaper than any coach who's available and likely willing to come here would be.

Reactions: pictman

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
What we really need is new assistant coaches to fix our horrible PP/PK. Arniel will probably do alright if he coaches with his head instead of his gut.

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
He probably deserves another chance at an HC position - CBJ was a train wreck and he'll have more to work with in Winnipeg.
The teams he has been associate/assistant coach have gone to the playoffs every year for the past decade except once (2017/2018 Rangers)

CBJ was a train wreck because almost all players regressed under Arniel. He's awful as a head coach. Well, was he can have improved obviously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad