Speculation: Armchair GM 2024-25 Season, Craig Conroy's Can Do Calgary Flames

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ledge And Dairy

Wonder why Bruz's number is crossed out.

Looks to me like the #6 and #7 D positions and the 4C, 4RW, and 13th fwd positions could possibly be up for grabs.
Some guys likely with the inside track.
In a recent Barn Burner where they interviewed Conny he said that both Zary and Pospisil will get very long looks at center in camp this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Rooney looses a starting roster spot at the end of the day. That should also in turn open a top 9 winger spot for someone like Pelts or Coronato to grab. Also unless Pelts is just awful at camp for some reason he's pretty much a lock to make the roster.

I'm really curious how Barrie will do. If he makes the team will he snag the PP1 role, and who gets placed on waivers if so? At least 2 of Pachal, Solo, and Hanley.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

In a recent Barn Burner where they interviewed Conny he said that both Zary and Pospisil will get very long looks at center in camp this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Rooney looses a starting roster spot at the end of the day. That should also in turn open a top 9 winger spot for someone like Pelts or Coronato to grab. Also unless Pelts is just awful at camp for some reason he's pretty much a lock to make the roster.

I'm really curious how Barrie will do. If he makes the team will he snag the PP1 role, and who gets placed on waivers if so? At least 2 of Pachal, Solo, and Hanley.

Yeah I dunno how I feel about Pospisil being on a scoring line as a C. Seems like a lot to put on a guy who's spent basically his entire pro career as a winger and found success in his NHL rookie year as a winger. 4th line C would be a good spot for him to get the feel of it, unless they really plan on sheltering his line. Zary on the Backlund line could be interesting, maybe switching off center duties with Backs game to game or shift to shift or whatever.

I don't mind Hunt or Rooney getting into some games this season but would rather it not be the opening night and definitely not more than 60 games. I'm not sure who is going to be playing down the middle for the Wranglers. They lost Ben Jones and Brett Sutter. Schwindt is poorly suited to be the top offensive center even in the AHL. Maybe they try Coronato there if he doesn't make the big club. I think if it came down to it it would likely be Pachal and Hanley going on waivers considering that's where they were acquired from.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012

WwcUu8.gif

Ledge And Dairy

Yeah I dunno how I feel about Pospisil being on a scoring line as a C. Seems like a lot to put on a guy who's spent basically his entire pro career as a winger and found success in his NHL rookie year as a winger. 4th line C would be a good spot for him to get the feel of it, unless they really plan on sheltering his line. Zary on the Backlund line could be interesting, maybe switching off center duties with Backs game to game or shift to shift or whatever.

I don't mind Hunt or Rooney getting into some games this season but would rather it not be the opening night and definitely not more than 60 games. I'm not sure who is going to be playing down the middle for the Wranglers. They lost Ben Jones and Brett Sutter. Schwindt is poorly suited to be the top offensive center even in the AHL. Maybe they try Coronato there if he doesn't make the big club. I think if it came down to it it would likely be Pachal and Hanley going on waivers considering that's where they were acquired from.
The above lines were just things he plans on trying out. We don't have high expectations for this season so it doesn't hurts to try as many things as possible in camp. I would be shocked if they don't try Zary as Huberdeau's center again like they did at the end of last year. IMO they looked very effective together. I agree that if we are playing Pospisil at center he is probably more suited for a 4th line role. I think him and Lomberg would just create so much havoc together. I'd like to see Pelts play with Backs and Coleman but I could see him starting on the 4th line until we make some trades.

Lipinski and Morton are both joining the Wranglers as full time centers so they should fill in for Jones and Sutter decently. It also doesn't hurt to give Honzek a shot there if he stays with the AHL club. I'm not sure they would waive Pachal before Solo, I think with Solo's lack of games played he is more likely to pass through waivers. Hanley I think will get waived and I could easily see him getting reclaimed by Dallas.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Sabres fan here wondering what it would take to get Coleman&Andersson (with half retention)

Kulich
Ostlund
Jokijarju
Greenway
2025 1st
2026 1st

Coleman
Andersson
Schwindt (or other AHL center)
Lipinski (or similar level prospect)
2025 2nd
2026 2nd

Is this ballpark? Not trying to offend anyone here, you've got Parekh and adding a 1C in ths upcoming draft is the way to go

Sets up the Sabres by securing their two biggest roster holes (top 6 wing and top 4 RHD) with the salary retention to secure RFAs and get through the Skinner buyout.

Last edited:

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Wonder why Bruz's number is crossed out.

You sure it wasn't a hair on your screen? :sarcasm:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Sabres fan here wondering what it would take to get Coleman&Andersson (with half retention)

Kulich
Ostlund
Jokijarju
Greenway
2025 1st
2026 1st

Coleman
Andersson
2025 2nd
2026 2nd

Is this ballpark? Not trying to offend anyone here, you've got Parekh and adding a 1C in ths upcoming draft is the way to go

Sets up the Sabres by securing their two biggest roster holes (top 6 wing and top 4 RHD) with the salary retention to secure RFAs and get through the Skinner buyout.

Calgary probably won't part is Lipinski, or the second rounders.
The second rounders in those years will be int he 36-40 range and far too valuable for a team rebuilding.

Ledge And Dairy

Kulich
Ostlund
Jokijarju
Greenway
2025 1st
2026 1st

Coleman
Andersson
2025 2nd
2026 2nd

Both returned? That won't happen. Calgary is already locked at just 2 retention slots for the next 2 years and have players like Kuzmenko to flip between now and then. Also the odds of Coleman waiving are probably next to zero.

Your proposal has far too many moving pieces involved to be anywhere close to realistic. When was the last time you saw an 11 piece trade not involving 3 or more teams?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

Kulich
Ostlund
Jokijarju
Greenway
2025 1st
2026 1st

Coleman
Andersson
2025 2nd
2026 2nd

If you are wanting both at 50% you are looking at 1st round pick and a good prospect for each as a starting point. Andersson at 2.25mil for 2 years would get a kings ransom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad