Arm Chair GM

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Q for ARZ fans, what's their biggest need on the team?

Thanks!

My imagination of how the Coyotes front office has worked for the last 15 years or so is similar to Pinky and the Brain.
"What are we going to do tomorrow night"
"Try and take over the world" get a number 1 center.

Our failed attempts at this are equally amusing btw.

But as far as realistic offseason goals go I think the #1 target is a top 6 worthy shooting RW.

Reactions: Grimes and RemoAZ

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
My imagination of how the Coyotes front office has worked for the last 15 years or so is similar to Pinky and the Brain.
"What are we going to do tomorrow night"
"Try and take over the world" get a number 1 center.

Our failed attempts at this are equally amusing btw.

But as far as realistic offseason goals go I think the #1 target is a top 6 worthy shooting RW.
I assume young and cost controlled top 6 RW so not Zuccarello?

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Arizona needs a C, well we don't have any 1C's, the best one we had we traded to Arizona. But Rangers do have 3 second line centers. Not sure if Arizona has any interest in Ryan Spooner or Vladislav Namestnikov?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Q for ARZ fans, what's their biggest need on the team?

Thanks!
Elite talent on the top line. We have a good 3rd and 4th line, and good D. We need to score more, a lot more. We need to control the puck a lot more as well.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Gustav Nyquist (LS but a RW) is interesting, no idea on his availability though. He generates a crap ton of shots, still manged to score 21 in a down year, and could cash in on those glorious chances Keller wasted on the rest of our wingers. Unfortunately he's also kinda spendy $ wise. Panik did fine as a LS on the top line, I'm just not sure I trust his production will continue. Nyquist could do that job. Maybe he's undersized for a line with Keller on it already though.

I assume young and cost controlled top 6 RW so not Zuccarello?

I'm not opposed to older players actually provided the price isn't too high. I expect it would be pretty high on Zucc and he's not really the type of player I have in mind anyway.

I want a volume shooter who maybe had a down year and could bounce back playing with Keller.

rt (the poster) had some interest in Namestnikov the other day IIRC.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Gustav Nyquist (LS but a RW) is interesting, no idea on his availability though. He generates a crap ton of shots, still manged to score 21 in a down year, and could cash in on those glorious chances Keller wasted on the rest of our wingers. Unfortunately he's also kinda spendy $ wise. Panik did fine as a LS on the top line, I'm just not sure I trust his production will continue. Nyquist could do that job. Maybe he's undersized for a line with Keller on it already though.

I'm not opposed to older players actually provided the price isn't too high. I expect it would be pretty high on Zucc and he's not really the type of player I have in mind anyway.

I want a volume shooter who maybe had a down year and could bounce back playing with Keller.

rt (the poster) had some interest in Namestnikov the other day IIRC.
The Rangers have too many forwards so Namestnikov is definitely someone who could be moved. What would Arizona offer? Zucc is def on the table as well. What would be a fair price for them?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I’m very interested in Namestnikov as well. I’d probably offer some package of futures - just about anyone not on the roster.

If the Rangers have too many forwards as it is, how about an opening offer of the CAR 3rd and Kyle Wood?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I think a late first is more fair value straight up but you guys don't pick there.

Q: Who are the Yotes targeting at #5 in the draft?

Chayka will go BPA, so he can go either forward or D. He has shown willingness to buck consensus rankings in the first and tends to favor younger players.

The board consensus has coalesced around Wahlstrom given that we have a dearth of right shot forwards, much less have had a forward with 30+ goal upside in the system since the 90s. Wahlstrom's shot metrics should also appeal to Chayka. But Hughes and Bouchard should also be high on his list too, in our estimation.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Chayka will go BPA, so he can go either forward or D. He has shown willingness to buck consensus rankings in the first and tends to favor younger players.

The board consensus has coalesced around Wahlstrom given that we have a dearth of right shot forwards, much less have had a forward with 30+ goal upside in the system since the 90s. Wahlstrom's shot metrics should also appeal to Chayka. But Hughes and Bouchard should also be high on his list too, in our estimation.
Would it be fair to swap picks to offset the value of Vladdy?

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
5 OA for 9 OA + Namestnikov is probably doable. There's a solid chance Wahlstrom may still be there given Detroit, Vancouver, and Chicago all have needs at D.
I think that's fair. Rangers have a ton of needs, one of them is Wahlstrom. The other being a top pairing D man. Sitting at 9 they could probably get one or the other, but I could see moving Vladdy to lock up they get the choice instead of seeing which D man falls or Wahlstrom if available.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Here's a swap of firsts that lands us Namestnikov. Rangers HFers seem to be receptive to it.

:rangers
9th OA
48th OA
Vladislav Namestnikov

:coyotes
5th OA
74th OA

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
It's good value, but my tier drops at 8, so I'd probably pass. If Chayka's list is different, then he might jump at it.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
It's good value, but my tier drops at 8, so I'd probably pass. If Chayka's list is different, then he might jump at it.

Top 3

Tka
Wahlstrom

Boqvist
Bouchard
Hughes
Dobson

You would still have a good chance of picking 1 of the 4 defensemen cluster. Most likely Dobson but you never know. How much better are Bouchard/Hughes/Boqvist than Dobson?

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
re. Namestnikov I'd rather keep the 5th pick.

Great performance on Stamkos/Kucherov line but he seemed to struggle to produce since joining NYR

Too many question marks still for me

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
re. Namestnikov I'd rather keep the 5th pick.

Great performance on Stamkos/Kucherov line but he seemed to struggle to produce since joining NYR

Too many question marks still for me

Rangers were a flaming tire fire this season. I agree there's risk involved, but Wahlstrom could still very well be there at 9 since Detroit, Vancouver, and Chicago all have needs at D. Plus we swap a mid 3rd for a mid 2nd in the process.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00