Arizona/Winnipeg Mount Rushmore

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Select four players

• Total voters

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Only 60% of votes voted for Selanne?
He only played 3 1/2 seasons with them. While he was phenomenal there guys like Doan (whole career), Numminen (15 seasons), Tkachuk (9 1/2 seasons), and Hawerchuk (9 seasons) all played half of their careers or more there and are generally remembered as part of Winnipeg/Arizona. I doubt most people associate Selanne with the Jets, most remember him as a Duck.

I'm more surprised at Teppo only having 25%.

Reactions: Elvs

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Top 4 talent for sure, but only playing 231 games for the team is a knock. Jordan Martinook played more games with the franchise.

Longevity should only be a small part of the equation.

Selanne was an absolute beast, his early seasons are legendary and are firmly entrenched in any nostalgia I have for Jets 1.0.

He's gotta be there.

winnipeg-jets-go-jets-go.gif

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Longevity should only be a small part of the equation.

Selanne was an absolute beast, his early seasons are legendary and are firmly entrenched in any nostalgia I have for Jets 1.0.

He's gotta be there.

View attachment 590436

I'd say the opposite. Longevity should be a pretty big part of the equation, especially when talking about a team's "Mount Rushmore". To be there, you should be a club icon/legend. As amazing as Teemu's rookie season was, many players have done more for Winnipeg/Arizona than him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad