Proposal: Arizona-Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Snarky Coyote

May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
On the OP No - and we stop taking calls from the Oilers for the forseable future

Kyle Turris has negative trade value, he left here badly and would not be welcomed back and the feeling is probably mutual. otherwise fair proposal.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
On the OP No - and we stop taking calls from the Oilers for the forseable future

Kyle Turris has negative trade value, he left here badly and would not be welcomed back and the feeling is probably mutual. otherwise fair proposal.
Kyle Turris is playing for the same coach that relegated him to the 4th line for most of his career here and Doan is the only name I can think of that was here when Turris was. If we're willing to take him, he's coming here.

Beyond that, I agree, we hang up pretty quick to that offer.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I tried to see the names Broberg and Holloway in this sentence.
Jacob Chychrun will generate a lot of interest in the NHL.
Holding the salary by 50% will further increase the player's value.
This thread deals with the Arizona-Edmonton deal.
This is a deal template.

Edmonton
Jacob Chychrun $2,300,000 (@50% ret)

Arizona
Broberg
Holloway
1st 2022
Kyle Turris

The difference in money is small. Everything is fine.
Perhaps Arizona will get a better offer from the other team.
I think that less compensation is not interesting for Arizona.
I think Edmonton is not interested in the big compensation.
Coyotes would NOT retain and have zero interest in Turris.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
That's a joke of an offer and Edmonton couldn't afford to make a proper one for Chychrun.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Yeah you’re honestly looking at something along the lines of;

2022 1st round pick
Broberg/Holloway
Lavoie/Samurai
Konovalov
as a starting block.

22’ 1st round pick, Holloway, Samurai, Konovalov
Or
22 1st round pick, Broberg, Lavoie, Konovalov

So he is worth more than any high power star that has been traded recently? I don’t think so Lmao

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
So he is worth more than any high power star that has been traded recently? I don’t think so Lmao

It’s pretty similar value to the return Buffalo got for Eichel, and no I don’t believe they are of same value, but when you consider the following;

a/ questionable recovery
b/ eichel isn’t readily available
c/ buffalo dealt from a losing position

I think a similar return for both players make sense.

22’ 1st round pick, Holloway, Samurai seems pretty reasonable to me, you can take out the goalie prospect if it tips the scale too much.

If Bouchard was coming off of a 60 point season pace and the Oilers had the offensive juggernaut like the Coyotes to help him, what would you accept for him?

It’s not a precedent obviously, but just an example; Chychrun is coming off a far better season than Jones but Jones brought back a huge haul.

12th overall > Oilers 22 1st round pick
Boqvist > Samurai/Lavoie
22 1st round pick <= Holloway/Broberg

There’s the 32nd and 6th round pick Columbus sent but got back a 44th so I’ll just chalk that up as a wash for argument same. Chicago recently paid more for an inferior player on a worse contract.

Last edited:

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
What's the story on Chychrun this year? I saw him live in his rookie season, and thought he looked good. Caught a few games last year, and he was impressive as well. I've only seen him play once this year, and was less than impressed. His boxcars are obviously terrible, but that should probably be taken with a grain of salt.
He's definitely taken a step back from what I've seen. The offensive instincts don't look as explosive as last year and he's looked completely lost defensively especially in the first 10 games.

Obviously the team he is on is doing him no favors but he's regressed from his play last year where he was dominant for stretches.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Coyotes probably don’t want to trade him but guessing a trade request is probably around the corner
Probably something around Broberg or Holloway and a first

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Coyotes probably don’t want to trade him but guessing a trade request is probably around the corner
Probably something around Broberg or Holloway and a first

I can see a 1st rounder and a top prospect, another medium pick and some short term salary going back. I think the Oilers are looking to keep their defensemen (like Broberg) because they are so crappy defensively. They need a few guys. I agree that Arizona shouldn't trade Chychrun unless they get a trade request.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Nope.

More like Broberg+Holloway+Bourgault
HMM, I think you need to hang out with Bern less.

Broberg and Holloway don't get moved in the same deal EVER.

Broberg, Bourgault, 2022-1st and Kassian for Chychryn is as high as I would go and even then I am scared like hell that we get massacred on the deal long term.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Exactly. What trade had five first round assets? Like two 1st round picks and three top prospects? Like.. ever? But apparently a few Yote fans think this is realistic.
To be fair, the thought of trading Chycrun at all is pretty unrealistic at the moment. So it might be the price that it would take to pry him loose. Until he asks for a trade that is, then this 5 first rounders value gets laughed at so hard. One or two of those assets and a player back with less value would be fair after a trade request.

Reactions: TFHockey

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
To be fair, the thought of trading Chycrun at all is pretty unrealistic at the moment. So it might be the price that it would take to pry him loose. Until he asks for a trade that is, then this 5 first rounders value gets laughed at so hard. One or two of those assets and a player back with less value would be fair after a trade request.
I'd probably do Broberg + Bourgault + Cap but that's just me. I doubt Bourgault is an impact nhler next year but I don't know crap. No point keeping Broberg if you're chasing Chychrun.

But I'll agree that AZ shouldn't be trading him.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I'd probably do Broberg + Bourgault + Cap but that's just me. I doubt Bourgault is an impact nhler next year but I don't know crap. No point keeping Broberg if you're chasing Chychrun.

But I'll agree that AZ shouldn't be trading him.

Now imagine a left side that looked like this:

Nurse
Chychrun
Broberg

That is a contender's left side right there. Add Bouchard on the right, one more guy to be traded for and you actually have something. If someone goes down for a few games you've enough talent where that isn't a problem.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Now imagine a left side that looked like this:

Nurse
Chychrun
Broberg

That is a contender's left side right there. Add Bouchard on the right, one more guy to be traded for and you actually have something. If someone goes down for a few games you've enough talent where that isn't a problem.
Just seems redundant to have Broberg playing on the third pair. With Nurse and Chyc having term it seems like a total waste, even though it would be solid depth. I think Samo would be better use there.

But I don't see anyway we get Chychrun without Broberg going the other way. Hell I don't see it happening at all for that matter, but dare to dream. If we aren't trading Broberg in a deal for a guy like Chychrun you can be certain Holloway and Bourgault would be going the other way. I think Holloway would make more sense to keep if adding such an impact player. There's no way we can add players like that and retain our best prospects.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad