Proposal: Arizona-Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Yeah you’re honestly looking at something along the lines of;

2022 1st round pick
Broberg/Holloway
Lavoie/Samurai
Konovalov
as a starting block.

22’ 1st round pick, Holloway, Samurai, Konovalov
Or
22 1st round pick, Broberg, Lavoie, Konovalov

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think Chychrun might even cost Broberg + Holloway ( + cap dumps). An Oilers 1st isn't worth much anymore.

And if I'm the Coyotes I would consider moving Chychrun. They aren't putting him in a good position to show his value. They might just end up selling him for less if they try to keep him for another year or two.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Lol at thinking Chychrun is worth 5 first round picks.

I know the Coyotes are bad but I wonder if he ends -75 or worse?

One of the top LDs in his prime under contract and team isn’t sopping him for 3+Yrs costs just a 1st+ spare parts? I guess only on HF.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I think smaller deals are far more likely this season.

Travis Boyd for Perlini + 4th

Lyubushkin + Provolnev for Russell + Samorukov

Maybe something like that.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
What's the story on Chychrun this year? I saw him live in his rookie season, and thought he looked good. Caught a few games last year, and he was impressive as well. I've only seen him play once this year, and was less than impressed. His boxcars are obviously terrible, but that should probably be taken with a grain of salt.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
What's the story on Chychrun this year? I saw him live in his rookie season, and thought he looked good. Caught a few games last year, and he was impressive as well. I've only seen him play once this year, and was less than impressed. His boxcars are obviously terrible, but that should probably be taken with a grain of salt.

It's his first year with him being the majority minute eater and without backup defensively (although Ghost has been good), first year without much mentoring, first year with all the offense of a dried up prune in front of him, and he's been paired with pretty garbage players.

He didn't look like he regressed, he just looked like he was in a funk. And he's slowly coming out of that. Even if the whole season was as bad as the first 10 games, that's fine, he's under contract at a steal and we have at least 2 years before we need to start worrying if he's good or not anymore. Personally I'm not even remotely concerned.

As for the trade, there are exactly 2 players I would put Chychrun (and others) in a trade for on Edmonton, and neither of those are going to happen. Personally I also haven't forgiven the Oilers for costing us Eichel either. We don't need more prospects or picks, especially from a team that is as good as Edmonton is. We need Chychrun to grow into our next captain and start mentoring the draft picks as they're coming into the league, and also get used to being the #1D in both minutes and responsibility. He's at the perfect age and contract for this to happen.

There's almost nothing across the league that I could see Chychrun realistically getting traded for, and it's definitely not this.

Oh, and the value is garbage.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Edmonton:
Jacob Chychrun

Arizona:
1st 2022
3rd 2023
Raphael Lavoie
Kris Russell

Build around what would be fair as I think Chychrun to Edmonton is a must.

Not even close . Why would Arizona except this and Edmonton doesn't have the cap space to do it .

Barrie would have to go back for cap , Broberg and Holloway would have to be included .

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
try broberg+Holloway+Bourgault+ 22 1st +23 1st+ some salary dump

This is just as bad as the OP . I do agree that Broberg and Holloway would have to be included . Arizona aren't going to take a cap dump as they are short of $$. I think Barrie would have to be included for cap reason with out dumping crap on them

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
I tried to see the names Broberg and Holloway in this sentence.
Jacob Chychrun will generate a lot of interest in the NHL.
Holding the salary by 50% will further increase the player's value.
This thread deals with the Arizona-Edmonton deal.
This is a deal template.

Edmonton
Jacob Chychrun $2,300,000 (@50% ret)

Arizona
Broberg
Holloway
1st 2022
Kyle Turris

The difference in money is small. Everything is fine.
Perhaps Arizona will get a better offer from the other team.
I think that less compensation is not interesting for Arizona.
I think Edmonton is not interested in the big compensation.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I really doubt Arizona would move their top 23 year old defenseman anyway. They are trying to go with a youth movement and build quickly through tons of draft picks. Almost their entire roster is being turned over next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad