Proposal: Arizona - Boston (Carlo)

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
It isn't so much as overrating, but more like why trade, when the Coyotes aren't anywhere close to being a competitor for the cup and have a pretty decent prospect pool to justify waiting.
Sure and that's reasonable but it only limits Carlos value to the Coyotes in that case which means if Arizona wants him then they have to pay equal value. If not then that's fine and makes sense, the Bruins would just need to look elsewhere.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I feel like Casey Mittelstadt for Carlo league wide is the only deal that makes sense to move Carlo for both teams.
Jack McBain wasn’t that far off of Casey Mittelstadt’s goal totals from last season.

McBain’s goals were all even strength while 4 of Mittelstadt’s 15 goals were on the power play.

Jack had more goals at even strength and brings much more physicality then Casey could offer all while playing mostly on Arizona’s 4th line.

I believe Arizona is taking the same approach with McBain as the Sabres are taking with Peyton Krebs playing them bottom 6 minutes developing their defensive game first.

dixie

Mar 15, 2022
Throw Schmaltz in and then let s talk about Carlo,Swayman,Frederic and other options!

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
It’s just my opinion but if the Bruins are trading for a center, it would have to be a first or second line scorer. I am also not convinced that they have much of a desire to trade Carlo. It wouldn’t get done without a scoring center I bet.
We just seen how expensive those types are. It would cost much more than Carlo.

I see where he’s coming from, that Boston grabs someone who basically grows into the job, but I’m not giving Carlo up to do that either.

The Bruins are going to be forced to do what everyone else does, as they try to fill those spots now. The cap obviously doesn’t help this year either.

They’ll likely sign someone like Pius Suter and their best bet on the trade front would be someone like Adam Henrique. Those will likely be the types until they can draft those players.

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Jack McBain wasn’t that far off of Casey Mittelstadt’s goal totals from last season.

McBain’s goals were all even strength while 4 of Mittelstadt’s 15 goals were on the power play.

Jack had more goals at even strength and brings much more physicality then Casey could offer all while playing mostly on Arizona’s 4th line.

I believe Arizona is taking the same approach with McBain as the Sabres are taking with Peyton Krebs playing them bottom 6 minutes developing their defensive game first.
Hayton is closer to Mitts then McBane.

I’m sure Boston would do Hayton for Carlo but Arizona wouldn’t.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Hayton
2024( top 10 protection)

For

Carlo
Ask is fair (if you view Carlo as very favourable) but the Coyotes decline. Hayton is coming into his own and currently centers the top line. Will be a 200 foot #2 C. Highly doubt they trade a 1st given the emphasis on draft picks for the franchise under GM Armstrong.

Coyotes do need a top pairing RHD though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Hayton is closer to Mitts then McBane.

I’m sure Boston would do Hayton for Carlo but Arizona wouldn’t.
Arizona doesn’t budge on Hayton and rightfully so.

McBain would probably be more up Boston’s alley as they always roster physical teams which was a big part of Jack’s game last season.

Boston is looking for a 1C but the cost right now for the Bruins may be too much as they don’t have any draft capital and they probably don’t want to part with any of their better prospects.

Boston is a team that may have to wait a season for a UFA 1C, in the meantime Zacha and Coyle may have to move up the lineup.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Arizona doesn’t budge on Hayton and rightfully so.

McBain would probably be more up Boston’s alley as they always roster physical teams which was a big part of Jack’s game last season.

Boston is looking for a 1C but the cost right now for the Bruins may be too much as they don’t have any draft capital and they probably don’t want to part with any of their better prospects.

Boston is a team that may have to wait a season for a UFA 1C, in the meantime Zacha and Coyle may have to move up the lineup.
Coyle is not good enough to be 2C and McBain is definitely not either. Mitts is a solid offensive 2c

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia

This is true, Mittelstadt had only one more goal last year. Was McBain seeing PP time? The 44 to 14 difference in assists in Mitts favor lends validity to the idea that he's more suited to play in a top 6 role. It would seem, whether Bruins fans would be interested or not, that Mittelstadt would be much closer to what they are looking for. Mittelstadt doesn't avoid contact and certainly doesn't chase down checks but why would you want your 2C doing that? He has light years better vision and a better shot than 15g would suggest. It's odd that you would even suggest comparing the two with a weird PP production discount argument.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Ask is fair (if you view Carlo as very favourable) but the Coyotes decline. Hayton is coming into his own and currently centers the top line. Will be a 200 foot #2 C. Highly doubt they trade a 1st given the emphasis on draft picks for the franchise under GM Armstrong.

Coyotes do need a top pairing RHD though.

I'm not a fan of either team.

Other ideas could maybe work, but yeah, I think Carlo would be fantastic for AZ going forward.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
That and the Coyotes don’t have a big shutdown defender like Brandon Carlo.

The closest thing Arizona has to a big shutdown defender would be #7 or #8 RD Josh Brown, who could be waiver fodder this season if some of the Coyotes young defenseman push for a roster spot.
Carlo is big. I wouldn't call him a shutdown defender though.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Carlo is big. I wouldn't call him a shutdown defender though.
Brandon Carlo’s even strength zone starts in the defensive zone are more then they’ve ever been before and Carlo is also the Bruins main defender on the penalty kill as he is good at moving the puck out of the Bruins zone.

Carlo certainly isn’t known for his offense as he doesn’t get PP time.

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
:coyotes Arizona acquires: RD Brandon Carlo

:bruins Boston acquires: C Jack McBain, LD Vladislav Kolyachonok and a 2024 2nd round pick (ARI)

The Coyotes get a big shutdown RHD and an extra contract spot on the 50 contract limit.

The Bruins get a young 2way C that can play as a middle 6 center, a puck moving prospect defender, a pick in 2024 and some much needed cap space.
replace McBain with travis boyd and you got a deal. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad