Proposal: ARI - PIT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I would be fine with something around POJ for Lyubushkin+, but I'd want that + to be something decent. A physical #5D who's a UFA after next year probably wouldn't bring back a B prospect on their own IMO.

It wouldn't need to be a massive add, just like POJ for Lyubushkin and a 3rd or something like that.

Tbh I'd actually try to do something bigger and go after Crouse as well. It would obviously cost way more, but I'd feel better about throwing together a big package for that.

Reactions: ck26

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Our D is decimated right now. We can't trade anyone without getting one back, and probably shouldn't trade one at all. I doubt he has the kind of value OP has attached to him, but I would trade him for POJ. I wouldn't add though.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Lyubushkin + Roussel for POJ would make the most sense, but PIT can't afford Roussel.

I mean Lyubushkin + Crouse is what we'd want, but Crouse is probably too expensive for what we want to give up this deadline.

To be honest, I don't think Pittsburgh has the available assets to aquire Crouse.

Not a knock, but Crouse will be expensive. I can't see Pittsburgh selling what they need to get him.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Lyubushkin + Roussel for POJ would make the most sense, but PIT can't afford Roussel.

I mean Lyubushkin + Crouse is what we'd want, but Crouse is probably too expensive for what we want to give up this deadline.

Crouse would look pretty nice here on LW but ya probably too rich for us this season from the sounds of what management wants to do

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
POJ and a 1st for Crouse and Lyubushkin was what I was thinking of when I said I would want a bigger package that included Crouse.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Dont see the Coyotes trading Crouse. A late 1st would not be enough to entice IMO.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
POJ and a 1st for Crouse and Lyubushkin was what I was thinking of when I said I would want a bigger package that included Crouse.

Unless Crosby and Malkin get injured and miss the rest of the season and PIT drop about 10-15 spots in the standings, I wouldn't take that deal for Crouse alone. Whether or not he's worth it, Crouse is going to get us a hell of a lot of value. More than a late 1st and a decent B prospect.

Don't think there's a trade to be made here.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Unless Crosby and Malkin get injured and miss the rest of the season and PIT drop about 10-15 spots in the standings, I wouldn't take that deal for Crouse alone. Whether or not he's worth it, Crouse is going to get us a hell of a lot of value. More than a late 1st and a decent B prospect.

Don't think there's a trade to be made here.

That's the same thing Coleman brought back and Coleman is/was better than Crouse.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
You have no way of proving A or B.

;):naughty:

Crouse:
6 threads posted on HFboards with "Crouse" in title
4 with ARI trades with Crouse included in them
2 "insider" news threads about Crouse (Flyers interested, Eastern Conf bets on Crouse to TBL)

Now, Coleman was traded in the middle of the 2019-20 season before the league shutdown. So let's take a look at these same metrics during that season.

From Oct 1st:

1 Unrelated Coleman thread, "NJ fire sale" Nov 2019
2 Coleman as an additional piece Dec 2019
3. Coleman to BUF as an additional piece
4. Coleman to the Leafs
5. Coleman/Vatanen
6. Coleman leaving speculation thread

Interestingly enough, while browsing there were at least 4 more threads with Crouse either in the title or the main piece in the first post. They didn't show up in the original search because of their age.

Of course, fan speculation is one thing, but maybe the GM's around the league were more hyped about him. Neither of us can prove one way or the other. But given the results here, safe to say that the fans, at least on this forum, are more interested in Crouse.

Ultimately of course our opinions are subjective, and the only thing we can say for sure is that he's younger than Coleman.

Now after searching through ~60 pages of threads I think it's time for me to go take a dump and a nap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad