Proposal: Ari-Pit

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
I'm sure this has been proposed a lot as I know fellow Pens fans have brought up this idea before.

Rieder+conditional 2nd for Pouliot+Sheary?

I'd say value wise it's even as Pouliot could be the 3rd (or 4th) dman the Yotes protect, he's young, is already a 5/6 dman at the moment and has tons of potential to become a 3/4 and maybe even a #2. And Sheary is sort of a boom or bust foward with skill. The conditional pick is if Rieder signs then the pick is a 4th but if he doesn't then it becomes a 2nd? Idk the coyotes defense too well but I would think after the trade it would look something like this:

Oel-Stone
Gogo-Murphy
Pouliot-Schenn

Then Pouliot can replace Gologoksi in 2-3 years and all of a sudden Arizona has one of the best d-cores in the NHL. Thoughts?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I really like Rieder, but would it be smart to acquire him when he's threatening to bolt to the KHL and the Penguins already have a plethora of young bottom-6 forwards? I'm not sure. Trading Pouliot for a guy who would ideally be our 3rd line LWer in the long run doesn't seem like a great trade.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
Can't justify trading Pouliot unless it's for a proven top 6 LW.

Pouliot has a tonne of potential and him panning out would be huge for our blueline.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I like Reider a lot and I think he's going to be a great player...but I just can't make this trade right now. I don't think the Coyotes do either.

Now says it's a Penguins prospect like Guentzel or Simon plus a 2nd for Reider, then I would look into it.

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
I like Reider a lot and I think he's going to be a great player...but I just can't make this trade right now. I don't think the Coyotes do either.

Now says it's a Penguins prospect like Guentzel or Simon plus a 2nd for Reider, then I would look into it.

I would be very hesitant in trading Guentzel he looks like he's gunna be a top6 winger like a Jaden Schwartz. Simon too he's also looking like a steal who who become a top6 foward and at least a good top9 player.

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
I really like Rieder, but would it be smart to acquire him when he's threatening to bolt to the KHL and the Penguins already have a plethora of young bottom-6 forwards? I'm not sure. Trading Pouliot for a guy who would ideally be our 3rd line LWer in the long run doesn't seem like a great trade.

Oh for some reason I thought Rieder was a young top6 winger (or on the verge of becoming one) with speed and skill. Either way he would be a good addition like a "3rd wheel" to a Rieder-Geno-Sprong in the future.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Oh for some reason I thought Rieder was a young top6 winger (or on the verge of becoming one) with speed and skill. Either way he would be a good addition like a "3rd wheel" to a Rieder-Geno-Sprong in the future.

I don't think Rieder would at all be out of place as a top-6 forward, but I don't think he'd be an ideal top-6 forward. I think he's like Wilson, but he's further along on his development. He seems like he'd be more ideally placed on a 3rd line.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I would be very hesitant in trading Guentzel he looks like he's gunna be a top6 winger like a Jaden Schwartz. Simon too he's also looking like a steal who who become a top6 foward and at least a good top9 player.

That might be a little optimistic of Guentzel. He looks like he's going to be good but a 30g LW...I have a hard time seeing that.

Reider is going to be a decent top 6, great top 9 player...he is already.

I don't think Rieder would at all be out of place as a top-6 forward, but I don't think he'd be an ideal top-6 forward. I think he's like Wilson, but he's further along on his development. He seems like he'd be more ideally placed on a 3rd line.

I see him like Pearson in LA. Great 3rd line LW, good top 6 LW who could work out very well given the right teammates but indeed a third wheel (as Pearson was with Carter and Toffoli).

If he could get him at the right price and he would resign for the right price, I would move forward on pursuing him. Problem is, we have a bunch of young guys who we need to start seeing what we have in. That and with the direction the Coyotes are trending, I doubt they give up on Reider. I wouldn't.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Simon maybe - but I wouldn't move Guentzel.

I'd try something around Fehr+. If that got it done, then great. If not (and likely not) then c'est la vie.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Pittsburgh pretty much has the same roster that they won the Cup with in place for the upcoming season, I can't see why they would want to mess with their line up now.

The ole saying goes, If it ain't broke, Don't fix it.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Can't justify trading Pouliot unless it's for a proven top 6 LW.

Pouliot has a tonne of potential and him panning out would be huge for our blueline.

What has he exactly done to say he is worth a top six forward? Those who think so are sadly mistaken. It's laughable. His true value is questionable. He is worth a late second or a third rounder to me, or another failed draft pick that needs a change of scenery. Hasn't done anything of note in Pittsburgh and based on comments, Sullivan isn't a fan of his. The fact they resigned Schultz should tell you they don't trust DP.

This is his last year in Pittsburgh. I'm a big fan of Sheary's, but Phoenix doesn't touch this. Rieder is good. DP wouldn't see action in Phoenix at all.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I'd say the value isn't terrible. It just doesn't really fit the Coyotes needs.

Today, the Yotes defense depth looks something like:
OEL-Murphy
Goligoski-Stone
Connauton-Michalek
Dahlbeck-Schenn
Tinordi-McBain

That allows Chychrun to go back to junior and DeAngelo to get time to learn some D in Tucson.

Additionally, the Yotes have a lot of left handed forwards and they're trying to keep some spots open for some of the prospects to get NHL reps.

So adding Pouliot and Sheary doesn't really address any of the Yotes' needs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad