Proposal: ARI - MTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BenG

Sep 15, 2015
Montreal
Montreal: 2022 1st (top 3 pick)

for

Arizona: Chychrun

Habs get a young top pairing defensemen, under contract to speed up their rebuild. Yotes get a top pick in Wright/Savoie/Nemec to add to their draft picks.

Who says yes/no?

Reactions: bbfan419

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Not interested in moving Chychrun for more futures. Chychrun is the future. Coyotes already have tons of lotto tickets this summer, not interested in moving him for more.

Reactions: banks

BenG

Sep 15, 2015
Montreal
Habs say no

Not so sure. I think Wright tops out at a Seguin-level player. Between that and a top pairing, elite D, I’ll take Chychrun.

figure Habs are competive in 3-5 years which would make him 26-28 years old and in his prime.

BenG

Sep 15, 2015
Montreal
Not interested in moving Chychrun for more futures. Chychrun is the future. Coyotes already have tons of lotto tickets this summer, not interested in moving him for more.

And they would be right to keep him. While I agree with your point, not sure if the Yotes do.

Reactions: YotesFan47

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Not so sure. I think Wright tops out at a Seguin-level player. Between that and a top pairing, elite D, I’ll take Chychrun.

figure Habs are competive in 3-5 years which would make him 26-28 years old and in his prime.

No that would make him a UFA in 3 years and a member of another team. It makes no sense for the Habs entering a rebuild.

BenG

Sep 15, 2015
Montreal
No that would make him a UFA in 3 years and a member of another team. It makes no sense for the Habs entering a rebuild.

Yes, I’m this scenario I assume they re-sign him. Habs would be bad next year (Bedard) and still have a young top D at 26-27.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

He will be a UFA before that. Wright or anyone they pick this year will not be.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Montreal: 2022 1st (top 3 pick)

for

Arizona: Chychrun

Habs get a young top pairing defensemen, under contract to speed up their rebuild. Yotes get a top pick in Wright/Savoie/Nemec to add to their draft picks.

Who says yes/no?
It’s interesting for sure. But my fear would be the Habs add Chychrun, Price comes back, and the team gets re-energized and finishes with the 9th overall pick. A team back of them wins 2nd place, and the Yotes pick 10th.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
It’s interesting for sure. But my fear would be the Habs add Chychrun, Price comes back, and the team gets re-energized and finishes with the 9th overall pick. A team back of them wins 2nd place, and the Yotes pick 10th.

that isn't happening.

I think he was forcing the rehab in December to try to make the olympic team. Now that that's off, he isn't anywhere close.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Tons of lotto picks? Their own and? They have tons of picks in the first 2 rounds though 3x1st and 5x 2nd.

That being said I don't see this one happening at all.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Yes, I’m this scenario I assume they re-sign him. Habs would be bad next year (Bedard) and still have a young top D at 26-27.
no guarantees of him resigning and you can't extend him until the final year

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

And looking for an 8/10M$ contract, your point is?

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Trading for Chychrun makes no sense considering the state of the team. If the Habs were on the cusp of contending I would be all for a Chychryn deal but we're heading towards a rebuild. I also wouldn't move the pick for him.

Draft is in Montreal. If anything, we will be adding picks, not trading them away.

Agreed.

Reactions: PainForShane

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

Yeah...I don't see Wright as Seguin level. Was thinking more of a Toews level two way elite centre at his peak.

Regardless. 3 years of cost controlled rookie will be extremely valuable.

Chychrun would be nice but we don't have the pieces to take a run

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Habs say no for the following reasons in order of importance:

1. Chychrun will be UFA in 3 years and even if he stays with Habs will likely be a 10+ million dollar contract as a top pairing UFA defenseman. So either he leaves or costs a ton of money.

2. Habs system in terms of Defense prospects is LD heavy and we have two guys who project as top 4 possibly top pairing 2/3 sort of players in Romanov and Guhle. This pick if we go defenseman we can grab Nemec or Jiricek and have a likely top pairing RHD top play with one of them.

3. Draft is in Montreal and the pick is almost certainly top 5 and it's new management's first draft. Perfect storm for them to make their mark on the team with a rebuild.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Totally agree here, but it sounds to me like they are looking to move Chychrun. Maybe they figure they get more than his worth and that will make their rebuild faster?

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Draft is in Montreal. If anything, we will be adding picks, not trading them away.
Why do you think it matters??? For the 10 000 fans with nothing better do do in July and prospects + their families?

You dont think the fans would rejoice like crazy if Bettman announces a trade and Habs get good player(s)X or Y or Z?

Was done before btw.

Remember Louis Leblanc. Some say Habs caved to their fans…

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Why do you think it matters??? For the 10 000 fans with nothing better do do in July and prospects + their families?

You dont think the fans would rejoice like crazy if Bettman announces a trade and Habs get good player(s)X or Y or Z?

Was done before btw.

Remember Louis Leblanc. Some say Habs caved to their fans…

Top3 picks are almost never traded to begin with. Top-3 pick when the team is hosting?

Leblanc was picked around where he was slated to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad