PTO: [ARI] Coyotes sign Alex Galchenyuk to PTO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Arizona has cap space to pay him if they like him.

No sense signing a PTO with a team that can't pay more than league minimum.

Reactions: DarthProbert

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Definitely thought he would stay in Toronto but Toronto may have not been able to give him a deal because of the playoffs.

Guy was looking good and should be in the NHL

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I got the sense that he liked his time in AZ, had a pretty nice house there. They lost some forwards so looks like an opportunity to go back.

Reactions: banks

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Very impressed with him in Toronto. Was one of our hardest working players, physical and creative with the puck. Could be a good 2nd liner for them

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
2nd times a charm
The 1st time was a charm. He was really good despite playing 4th line 5v5 mins. Rick Tocchet didn't like him and only played him on the PP. I personally thought he deserved much better. It's been a long journey ever since for Galchenyuk, but his coaches in the Leafs organization were all highly complimentary about his dedication, work-ethic, and attitude. If he brings those to Arizona, he may find himself with all the 1st line and top PP minutes he could want. Could be a decent gamble on himself.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I liked him in the brief stint in TO. Kinda surprised he didn't re-sign with the Leafs after they took a flyer on him and put him in a decent position to rebound.

Maybe the media pressure here drove him away, can't imagine his social media DMs were very nice after the playoffs.

Reactions: banks

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I liked him in the brief stint in TO. Kinda surprised he didn't re-sign with the Leafs after they took a flyer on him and put him in a decent position to rebound.

Maybe the media pressure here drove him away, can't imagine his social media DMs were very nice after the playoffs.

Honestly thought it would be worse seeing as it was Toronto. Some folks held it against him but most just saw that you can't blame one guy on the entire series. Team has to win the game.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Lol

Now all we need is POJ and Domi and we're set! Domi can stay the f away from AZ, his father is a giant pain in the rear.

Gally seemed like a great dude and worked hard. I hope he earns a spot and becomes a 20/25 guy again.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Lol

Now all we need is POJ and Domi and we're set! Domi can stay the f away from AZ, his father is a giant pain in the rear.

Gally seemed like a great dude and worked hard. I hope he earns a spot and becomes a 20/25 guy again.
I'm familiar with Domi Sr and how much of a pain in the ass he is, but what did he do while Max was in Arizona?

I've read a bunch of people say that Tie is a pain in the ass as a hockey Dad and I believe it (I remember how terrible he was as a GTHL parent).

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Hope he carves out a role. I'm rooting for him after how hard this whole forum wants to body him. Arguably did some of it to himself but sheesh, people stick up for criminals more than they do this guy.

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad