Are you happy that the season is closer or sad that the summer is going?

Season vs summer

• Happy

Votes: 56 47.1%
  • Sad

Votes: 23 19.3%
  • Both

Votes: 40 33.6%

• Total voters

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Summer is the absolute worst. If you disagree, then we cannot be friends and I wish you a very bad day.
Summer in most of North Carolina is an endless parade of mosquitos and swamp ass.

I'm beyond ready for Autumn to being and hockey to start. I'm tired of sweating every time I step outside.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Will be sad when summer is over. Winter grinds on you after a while. It’s awful, to put it mildly. Don’t look forward to the season same way when I was younger. Looking forward to Christmas time more than the NHL season, to be honest. But after Christmas over is the worst time. I am 39.

Reactions: Regal

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Summer weather in Vancouver is now like July-early October so one glides nicely into the other, but I’m at a point where I’d take the better weather over hockey season.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
I’m a summer person, and this particular summer has been awesome. Lots of great times visiting Philly and camping up north. At a cottage right now, but the weather ain’t so hot.

But the start of hockey season is always amazing, and I’m thinking about a Flames trip before they shut down the Saddledome. Also a trip to Nashville to see the Preds. Plus my kid plays hockey and he’s a lot of fun to watch.
I don't know what city you live in but I'm pretty sure there's a dumpster nearby that you could sit to replicate the experience....I'm kidding Flames fans...sort of.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
As an Oiler fan it feels like the season just ended a few weeks ago. I can't believe in a month and a half preseason starts already. I love NHL hockey and certainly not complaining but usually I get a chance to miss it, but not this year. I will never complain about more summer though, feels like it's going a bit too fast this year.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Happy, I dont like summer time. more of a spring/fall type of person. I mean don't get me wrong. I enjoy summer time too but I spend far too much time at work. and its always way too hot. heat I can handle too it's the humidity that kills me.

I dont mind the break from hockey, alot of fun moments in the offseason, the dog days of the summer I dont like much though.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
My happiness that summer is ending has nothing to do with hockey season. I work remotely (IT) and my wife is a teacher and we have 2 middle school age kids. I cannot fully express how much I'm looking forward to taking an after lunch nap in a quiet house once school starts back up. The fact that hockey season is starting soon is a distant glimmer in the future, but that nap is coming next week and it's going to be glorious.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I love hockey, but as I've gotten older I've gotten more patient. Hockey will come in its time. Right now, I want to hang out outside with people I love and make memories together. I really don't want to see time march forward any faster than it must.

My happiness that summer is ending has nothing to do with hockey season. I work remotely (IT) and my wife is a teacher and we have 2 middle school age kids. I cannot fully express how much I'm looking forward to taking an after lunch nap in a quiet house once school starts back up. The fact that hockey season is starting soon is a distant glimmer in the future, but that nap is coming next week and it's going to be glorious.
... though there are certainly benefits, and that sounds like the best one.

Minnesota Knudsens

Apr 22, 2024
I don't know what city you live in but I'm pretty sure there's a dumpster nearby that you could sit to replicate the experience....I'm kidding Flames fans...sort of.
Come on man lol. Went to the Stampede a few years ago and it’s not that bad. But I won’t speak for the players for sure.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
It’s the best of both worlds here in the Southern Hemisphere (New Mexico). Winter is almost over and hockey season is about to get started!

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Come on man lol. Went to the Stampede a few years ago and it’s not that bad. But I won’t speak for the players for sure.
I actually lived in Calgary years ago, and loved it there, its a fantastic city, but the Saddledome? Well, lets just say it a great thing for the Flames players and fans that that building is soon to be out of commission.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
NHL season? Miss me with that nonsense.

My hockey season? Can't wait to see the boys and score some goals.

Kind of sad that summer is winding down. My soccer seasons have sucked, but I've had some good fun getting into running. I won't want to do that when Ontario winter is doing its thing.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Will be sad when summer is over. Winter grinds on you after a while. It’s awful, to put it mildly. Don’t look forward to the season same way when I was younger. Looking forward to Christmas time more than the NHL season, to be honest. But after Christmas over is the worst time. I am 39.
Think it’s an old man thing.

Summers are too hot, winters are too cold and depressing. Nothing is good anymore :laugh:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'll be honest the more time goes on the less I care about what season it is.

I used to hate the offseason but I now enjoy watching footage and reading reports from prospect camps/tournaments.

The season will come in its own good time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad