GDT: Are We Digging In Yet? Oilers vs Canes, 7PM on SNW

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Is knob smoking Crack? W t f is he thinking!?

Nurse playing on the right side with Dermott is f***ing hilarious.

Why is Rico on the fourth line!?

Good Gawd.. I just pray we don't get blown out. Not looking like a recipe for success whatsoever.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I don't mind some perimeter play, but take your damn chances when you see an opening. The perimeter is nowhere near the problem that the players' passive attitude is. Roll it to the next guy, shoot it along the wall, let someone else make a play, oh let the point shoot it and miss the net.
To be fair. Opposition isn’t biting. They know to stay in the lanes and you’ll neutralize the oilers offence. Just look at the all shots that get blocked. The book is out. Gotta try something new.

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
Reaching Jay Woodcroft levels of reach combined with comfort here.

Must be the water.

Or KK is doing this to tell his superiors that they f***ed up badly this summer and we need a 2RD right f***ing now.
KK had Emberson in the AHL and Dermott in the OHL. From what we've heard, I would guess he was very involved in both decisions and liked both players. I don't think he's sending a message to anyone.

full
If he plays both left and right, then you can think of him as two $4.2625 million defencemen, instead of one $9.25 million defenceman.

1729640398241.png

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
My head hurts even more now after reading that lineup. Nurse on the right side?

Nurse has never played the right side in the NHL. This is a risky move. His whole life he’s never been on that side. Now, all of a sudden, they expect him to take care of a bad D partner along with learning a new position?

Seems so fair. I hope this isn’t some stupid Hail Mary move

Reactions: Vagabond

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Nurse is going to fluke his way into having a good game and it'll extend the experiment by another 2 months.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If Nurse can cut it at RD then it opens up options for trade deadline targets

It's a good idea to play around with this early in the season while the stakes are low and we're playing well

Reactions: dssource

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I’m not sure where to put this post so I’ll put it here in the GDT. I’m watching the Washington/Philly game and it’s in intermission. Somebody needs to explain to me what PK Subban brings to a panel. He’s horrible, no insight on anything. Spends most of his time screwing around and isn’t funny anyway. I’ve given up on watching any of these panels on any networks now. I normally just change the channel during intermission anyway but wasn’t quick enough this time. Even still, he’s a special kind of awful. I’d rank him below Leah Hextall in terms of who I want to hear from.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Nurse is going to fluke his way into having a good game and it'll extend the experiment by another 2 months.
Whatever it takes for him to start playing like a real top 4 D is ok in my books.

That said, he struggles more than not on his normal side, so this might be a real car wreck.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Can it really hurt moving Nurse over? It’s not like he’s our #1D.

My only gripe with this is I don’t think it’s the time to experiment too much. We need to get to .500, there were a lot of positives against Dallas too. Big guns need to do their job and score, that’s the biggest issue rn.

I’d rather save the experimenting until we’re at least a few games above .500, or when we’ve got a fat lead in a game, or when we aren’t playing a contender on top of all that.

Also have they even tried Skinner with McDavid yet? I don’t want to claim it would be a magical combination, but the moment we signed Skinner it seemed like the most rational position for him. I knew Arvidsson would work with Drai, so put RNH with them because he’s good with Drai and give McDavid a speedy goal scorer. If you wanna try something different try that, maybe it gets McDavid going which would turn the team around.

Reactions: Duke74

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I’m not sure where to put this post so I’ll put it here in the GDT. I’m watching the Washington/Philly game and it’s in intermission. Somebody needs to explain to me what PK Subban brings to a panel. He’s horrible, no insight on anything. Spends most of his time screwing around and isn’t funny anyway. I’ve given up on watching any of these panels on any networks now. I normally just change the channel during intermission anyway but wasn’t quick enough this time. Even still, he’s a special kind of awful. I’d rank him below Leah Hextall in terms of who I want to hear from.
I’d tell you, but I’d be banned or cancelled. I’ve interacted with you a lot Boom, you know the reason.

These panel talking heads could be from another planet for all I care, as long as they can be informative, intelligent and engaging.

And I agree with you also. He’s bad at his TV job.

Reactions: BlackDogg

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Maybe we should switch 6 forwards to defense and move all the defense to forward? If we’re gonna experiment let’s get wild. Maybe they can wear their jerseys inside out or spell all of their names backwards

KK isn’t going far enough, turn the blender all the way up

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Subban gets a lot of leash because he is a very charismatic and fun person. But it doesn't translate to being a TV personality, like how your funny friend might not cut it as a comedian. It's a related skill but not the same

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad