GDT: Are We Digging In Yet? Oilers vs Canes, 7PM on SNW

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Emberson scratched again.

Did we even scout this guy? Or did KK just say, 'hey I know a guy!'
There was a lot of (over) confidence Emberson's small sample advance stats would translate into 2nd pair responsibilities & ice time. Bit surprised they've moved him out of third pairing but clearly they are trying to Rubik's cube a second pair fix with now flipping Nurse to 2RD and experimenting with Dermott on his natural side. Lurching closer to a 9-1-1 call to an unsigned veteran stopgap middle pair option Shattenkirk or even Schulz.

Nurse has played well the past several games. Let's see how this next reiteration of deployment of three rotating #7-8 guys goes.

Do think the Oilers win tonight. Real solid road game in Dallas until the dumb Stetcher penalty.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
I understand that, my point was that this is a team when executing properly with positive effort and finish should be able to beat the next 5 teams if the breaks even out. It is not a flip of a coin.
It is a flip of the coin until they have special teams and goaltending going.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011

1729619037736.png

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Emberson one of the few players on the team that hits so get rid of him immediately before he makes the Oilers harder to contend with...

Is KK reading too much from the "team that doesn't have the puck has the hits" story?

Carolina will be hitting, playing physical tonight. Look at some of the players on their roster now. They've beefed up considerably.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Emberson one of the few players on the team that hits so get rid of him immediately before he makes the Oilers harder to contend with...

Is KK reading too much from the "team that doesn't have the puck has the hits" story?

Carolina will be hitting, playing physical tonight. Look at some of the players on their roster now. They've beefed up considerably.
kk is starting to look like another fraud

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Nurse struggles enough at his natural LD position and we are gonna try him at right D?

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
its the team man.

Team has had too many coaches in the last two decades. Firmly on the players if they can't play well, they shouldn't even need a coach to tell them what to do. Puck goes in the other net.

This seems to be the players' interpretation of that this season

o0JcK8D.gif

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Poor Emberson. The talk of the thread.. the talk of Radio. All the Talk.

Meanwhile

RNH 2 points and looks like a steaming pile of shit on the ice.
Hyman 0 points Just making a complete and utter mess of any chance he gets.
Arvidson 0 points When's the last time he had a scoring chance?
Bouchard 1 point Woof.. woof woof. His game looks exactly like it did last year at this time.
Brown 1 point, E for effort at least
Henrique 1 point, last game was more an impact on the loss then anything Emberson has done this year.
McDavid 6 points, he's so good this is a slump for him haha. But if I'm being honest his shot has been dog shit this year. His accuracy is crap.
Draisitl 5 points and needed McDavid for most of them.

Power play -> Putrid

I'm not saying the defense isn't a problem.. but it's not the biggest problem... not by a long shot.

This team doesn't have that extra 10% to finish plays from those players above. Until then Emberson and that right d spot is not going to win us any hockey games.

CantHaveTkachev

Accruing Cap Space
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Poor Emberson. The talk of the thread.. the talk of Radio. All the Talk.

Meanwhile

RNH 2 points and looks like a steaming pile of shit on the ice.
Hyman 0 points Just making a complete and utter mess of any chance he gets.
Arvidson 0 points When's the last time he had a scoring chance?
Bouchard 1 point Woof.. woof woof. His game looks exactly like it did last year at this time.
Brown 1 point, E for effort at least
Henrique 1 point, last game was more an impact on the loss then anything Emberson has done this year.
McDavid 6 points, he's so good this is a slump for him haha. But if I'm being honest his shot has been dog shit this year. His accuracy is crap.
Draisitl 5 points and needed McDavid for most of them.

Power play -> Putrid

I'm not saying the defense isn't a problem.. but it's not the biggest problem... not by a long shot.

This team doesn't have that extra 10% to finish plays from those players above. Until then Emberson and that right d spot is not going to win us any hockey games.
I agree...so why change it?
maybe the coach is crying out for management to do something on the backend

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad