GDT: Are We Digging In Yet? Oilers vs Canes, 7PM on SNW

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Nah thin line between losing and winning in nhl. Great goaltending or lucky break by other team and you lose. That's why it was important to focus on the start of year , so a break here or there wouldn't set them too many games back. We need to get at that 500 threshold quick here until we have our game going.

I understand that, my point was that this is a team when executing properly with positive effort and finish should be able to beat the next 5 teams if the breaks even out. It is not a flip of a coin.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Perfect

Trying stuff, just win please.

Its hilarious that the top 6 is basically doing little and its the bottom 6 that gets shuffled around.

Wonder if Nurse is actually playing the right side. Would kind of be hilarious if was actually better on his right side.

Not surprised that Skinner is starting. Pickard basically gave the teams only good goaltending performance of the season last game. Goaltending decisions make no sense under Schwartz. I do find it amusing how much rope Skinner gets compared to any other younger player.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Just a complete merry-go-round on the bottom two pairings. Nurse/Dermott can only end in disaster.

Don't know what it is about this coaching staff that is addicted to taking away anything that works with Nurse.

Nurse plays very well with Kulak in the Stars series. Oh, but Kulak isn't "comfortable" playing his off side. Back to Nurse - Ceci for Game 1! Only for that pair to almost immediately bury us.

Nurse plays well with Stecher for three games after being an utter joke for the first three of the year - may as well go back to the pair that didn't work AND make Nurse play his off side. Smart. For a guy that has trouble knowing which way is up at the best of times, I bet Nurse will look real good playing his off side for the first time ever.

Why. Why do they do this. Every time Nurse gets a little momentum they have to strip it all away.

Reactions: Duke74

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Don't know what it is about this coaching staff that is addicted to taking away anything that works with Nurse.

Nurse plays very well with Kulak in the Stars series. Oh, but Kulak isn't "comfortable" playing his off side. Back to Nurse - Ceci for Game 1! Only for that pair to almost immediately bury us.

Nurse plays well with Stecher for three games after being an utter joke for the first three of the year - may as well go back to the pair that didn't work AND make Nurse play his off side. Smart. For a guy that has trouble knowing which way is up at the best of times, I bet Nurse will look real good playing his off side for the first time ever.

Why. Why do they do this. Every time Nurse gets a little momentum they have to strip it all away.

Reaching Jay Woodcroft levels of reach combined with comfort here.

Must be the water.

Or KK is doing this to tell his superiors that they f***ed up badly this summer and we need a 2RD right f***ing now.

NashtoNowitzki

Jan 8, 2019
Embarrassing d-core and goaltending duo. Obvious and unaddressed issues. Management and ownership bottom of the barrel as usual.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
lol @ this D core

but at least that cap space is accruing

I remember getting roasted on here supporting Chiarelli for trading Eberle in exchange for Cap Space which never materialized. Not sure I support this plan, once burned twice shy lol.

The Grand Cap Space Plan turn a hard left turn when in BizNastys words, Doug Armstrong took a giant shit on the Oilers.

“Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead” is the battle cry from above. Nurse to RD it is!

Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

full

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad