Are There Any Players You Didn't Like But Started Liking Or Liked But Started Disliking?

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Also hated niemi with a passion. Thought he was dog water and his emotionless reactions to goals got me so worked up.

Then he came to MTL and filled in for an injured Price and did very well for us that first year. He won me over after that

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Patrick Kane used to be one of, if not my least favourite player

He looks so good in a Wings jersey that I would've bought his had he not signed 2 weeks after I got it. So fun to watch and it's been since Datsyuk left that we've had any semblance of playmaking flair (no disrespect to Z)

Reactions: HabzSauce

GreatSaveLuongo

May 4, 2009
McDavid, he's good at hockey but then the past few years jusy cries too much about not getting a PP and doesn't give a shit about back check

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
I liked Matthews in his rookie season. Then people started acting like he was one of the best players in the league when he's nowhere close and the team fed his selfishness. Now he's unwatchable. It's only gotten worse because his loser behavior is ignored by the entire market. Worst part is that people say he's the greatest player in franchise history. It's bad enough to stop cheering for the team.

I liked Marner, but then he followed Matthews' and Nylander's selfish lead. I have more of a soft spot now because a lot of the market unfairly blames him for things that the ownership, management did, and things that Matthews and Nylander did before him. But ultimately that doesn't excuse him.

Stive Morgan

A Symphony of Horror
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Hated Crosby when he was younger for what a hot-headed whiny diver he was, but now that he's matured I can truly appreciate what a brilliant player he is.

Maybe one day Stützle can do the same.

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
Old time hockey. As an 80's Kid, I was very pro Gretzky and didn't like Mario much at all. That obviously changed with the 87 Canada Cup and Mario's 199 point season. It went from a feeling of him not being in the same realm as Wayne, to Mario may be the most talented offessnive player I've ever seen and wished he remained healthy and didn't retire briefly.

Mario saving the penguins too, he really became a stand up guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad