Are There Any Players You Didn't Like But Started Liking Or Liked But Started Disliking?

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Are there any players you didn't care for that you developed admiration/respect/fondness for? Or players you liked but that you soured on or lost respect for?

I guess Draper is my best answer. I liked him when he was an unheralded depth guy on the Wings but got tired of hearing about him/the hype for him circa 2006. I can't say I began disliking him, but all of a sudden he was on Team Canada and talked about as if he was a marque player despite never having more than 40 points in a season, and I got tired of the lionizing. .

Evergreen

I'm a Flyers fan so I naturally disliked Crosby when he came into the league. It didn't help that he used to whine to the refs a lot. But now he's one of my favorite players. He has matured immensely and is now one of the best leaders in the league and perhaps even one of the best all time. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Sid and feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to follow his career from the start.

Reactions: Oryxo and 12ozPapa

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
crosby - he was such a whiner for the first half of his career but now his behavior is excellent.

toews/kane - more respected them then liked them but that went out the window for obvious reasons.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
I once was making fun of Mason Marchment skating and the fact that Q was putting him into first line with Barkov and Verhaeghe despite lack of production, but then he improved so quickly so I started to miss him much when he went to Dallas.

It wasn't genuine dislike, I just was thinking he is no better than a meme #WARRIOR from another thread

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Derek Dorsett. Didn't like him. Played for the Canucks and he showed me he is all heart and gives 100%. Never back down from anyone. Dude picked 2 fights with John Scott in 1 game lol.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I absolutely hated Raffi Torres after his blindside headshot to Milan Michalek in the 2006 playoffs that should've gotten him suspended for a year. I also hated that the Sharks traded for him in 2013. But turns out he's a pretty chill guy.

RogerRogerr

May 11, 2011
Toronto
I hated Ovie. In his first few years he was always jumping to headshot players and would get away with it. Now he's out of the division and has calmed down a lot in this regard. Now I quite like him and want him to pass Gretzky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad