Are the Pens a playoff team?

Are the Pens a playoff team?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
If Crosby, Malkin, Karlsson and Letang stay healthy.
If they can find a 2LD to play with Letang. Gryz, I fear ain’t it. Graves ain’t it.
If Jarry/Ned can be averageish and healthy or if one of their kid Gs can blossom.
If they can get an average powerplay.

Lots of ifs. Bottom6 looks better. They start the season with 10 games in 17 days. We’ll have a much better idea around Halloween. After one game the answer is a NO.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
In the Metro, I see it shaking out something like:

Devils
Rangers
Canes

Islanders
Capitals
Penguins
Flyers
Blue Jackets

I see the Pens being more or less the same as last year. The Capitals are a wild card that could be a bit better than last year, and the Flyers could squeak in if Torts doesn't lose the room. Some will argue the Canes are right in that mix too, but I'd put them as measurably better than the other teams based on the last few years.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I voted no but if they could stay healthy I could see them possibly making it. Crosby, Malkin, and Letang are getting up there so its' tough to know how much they have left in the tank at this point.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Please clap.

Their playoff odds are as good as Jeb’s in 2015… not pretty.

gcqbdwm7a9hc1.png

Pens win the cup

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
No. Crosby, Malkin, Karlsson and Letang will only be able to do so much. And there are too many good teams, and up-and-coming teams, that'll be better than the Penguins this year (and in the years to follow).

Sadly, Crosby's career is going to end with multiple playoff misses in a row.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad