Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 61+

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Every game + Playoffs

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
In honor of @Pens x here's a poll for the infamous Josh Archibald. Signed on a one way deal in a confusing move has many guessing why?

So let's wager how many games our old friend gets this year.

I'm gonna go with 45 games based on this team's injuries...with Archibald looking at 3rd line time during stretches.

Reactions: Factorial

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
If he's going to get anywhere near 9 goals Archibald will need to be way less afraid of taking shots.

Prior to last year when he played 8 games, he had 7, 12, and 12 goals in his previous three years. I think 9 is a safe bet, and I think Sullivan will love his game and make sure he plays 60+.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Archibald knows a lot about secret weapons. Pretty sure he was just talking about some space laser on his Twitter last year.

But yeah... this guy is playing at least half the season I'd say.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
55 games. He will get injured as well.

I fully expect him to play over AHL guys even if he’s complete garbage, which he is.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Congratulations @Scandale du Jour you we're the 3,000th to like my s*** posting
EvilAromaticKagu-max-1mb.gif

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Prior to last year when he played 8 games, he had 7, 12, and 12 goals in his previous three years. I think 9 is a safe bet, and I think Sullivan will love his game and make sure he plays 60+.
I agree with you Dennis. If Archibald plays 60+ games he has proven he will get 12 goals and 20+ points. He is the perfect depth forward that plays with energy and can play well in the bottom 6 but at a price you can use as your 13th/14th forward if your young guys prove ready like Zohorna and O'Connor. As injury insurance at the very least he is a nice add.

I am really amazed at the hate on these boards for having different beliefs. Archibald is free to do with his body as he sees fit and so is everybody else. People should not interfer or even know what people chose medically. That is private information and never intended to be something others should be privied to. I have family members who have gotten the vaccine and others who haven't and I don't try to push my beliefs on anyone on this issue. The vaccine does not prevent you from getting Covid or from you giving it to others. So if you want to take it because you believe it makes your symptoms less then go for it. If not you are not hurting anyone else.

Let's keep this political hate out of the hockey forum. If you want to talk politics go to a political website. As the Smiths song goes "peace, love, and harmony, very nice, very nice, maybe in the next world, maybe in the next world".

I will chose not to vote because it all depends on injuries and depth on the team by the time the season starts. I will go on record of saying if he plays 60+ games he will have 10+ goals and 20+ points. Pens haven't stayed healthy in years so he is pretty likely to be needed to play a decent amount. Hopefully we stay healthy but I like Archibald as a depth forward. I also know this thread wouldn't be posted if Archibald was vaccinated. Sad state of our country.

• Haha
Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I agree with you Dennis. If Archibald plays 60+ games he has proven he will get 12 goals and 20+ points. He is the perfect depth forward that plays with energy and can play well in the bottom 6 but at a price you can use as your 13th/14th forward if your young guys prove ready like Zohorna and O'Connor. As injury insurance at the very least he is a nice add.

I am really amazed at the hate on these boards for having different beliefs. Archibald is free to do with his body as he sees fit and so is everybody else. People should not interfer or even know what people chose medically. That is private information and never intended to be something others should be privied to. I have family members who have gotten the vaccine and others who haven't and I don't try to push my beliefs on anyone on this issue. The vaccine does not prevent you from getting Covid or from you giving it to others. So if you want to take it because you believe it makes your symptoms less then go for it. If not you are not hurting anyone else.

Let's keep this political hate out of the hockey forum. If you want to talk politics go to a political website. As the Smiths song goes "peace, love, and harmony, very nice, very nice, maybe in the next world, maybe in the next world".

I will chose not to vote because it all depends on injuries and depth on the team by the time the season starts. I will go on record of saying if he plays 60+ games he will have 10+ goals and 20+ points. Pens haven't stayed healthy in years so he is pretty likely to be needed to play a decent amount. Hopefully we stay healthy but I like Archibald as a depth forward. I also know this thread wouldn't be posted if Archibald was vaccinated. Sad state of our country.
Please don’t act like he will be given every opportunity to play ahead of guys like Z or Puus. Our GM and dumbass coach have made it very clear over the last two seasons that they have no interest in playing young guys unless not doing so will cause them to forfeit games.

Simon, Jank, Sceviour were regulars

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
I'm going to give this one a shot, but my opinions are not immune to being incorrect. He could be the type of booster needed to a line up infected with bad injury luck year after year. Maybe he would be used insurrect incorrectly but he is the type to needle the opposition. He could really inject the Pens with some energy. I say 69 games, 4 goals and 20 assists.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pancakes

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
#1) This thread doesn't specify whether the games played refers to games for Pittsburgh or WBS, so clarification is needed.

#2) Why is "who cares?" not an option in the poll?

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad