Player Discussion Arber Xhekaj: The Sheriff

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
I love X but he's not going to succeed in the half assed system Marty has created.

X doesn't process the game at the elite level nor the skating that one needs for martys tight zone defense. And Marty is not smart enough to create a system around the majority of players.

The biggest issue of all, does Hughes know what to do to fix this?
I truly believe Hughes and probably Gorton are professionally aware of the teams current miscues, personal questions & overall coaching decisions. HuGo have the obvious IR list as a natural excuse. Pro’s however will not sugar coat this current debacle in private or in their war room.

MLS could use a little tough love from his peers however he will be given a long leash.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Lol, ok. Maybe it does qualify you but I doubt without a lil more on the CV. Armchair are so comfy.
Are u suggesting your perspective and understanding of the game is on par with MSL?
No, I’m saying his inexperience is painfully obvious and if they were going to go with him they should have surrounded him with an experienced staff.

I’m saying, as a head coach he isn’t very good. Team is unorganized, lethargic, and has no clue what to do when they don’t have the puck.

Have you seen how this team plays??? A beer league team plays with more structure, lol.

If Ducharme was behind the bench with this team and they were playing like that I gaurentee you the MSL supporters would be calling for his head, 100%, and rightfully so.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
If things get worse (and they are already pretty bad), I could see HuGo replace MSL by Pascal Vincent to finish this season. Best option would be Tourigny in Utah, But it seems the management and the players in Utah like him a lot.

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
If things get worse (and they are already pretty bad), I could see HuGo replace MSL by Pascal Vincent to finish this season. Best optionwould be Tourigny in Utah, But it seems the mangement and the players like him a lot.

Not going to happen.

Jul 6, 2016
all the coaches are rookies , i mean there is 0 experience behind the benches , its clear that our veterans also are not really great veterans , Anderson , Dvorak etc , not really great models. Far from Weber , Markov etc
Who traded Lehkonen, Toffoli, Edmundson, Petry ??? Who hired these green coaches ?

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
if they keep playing like headless chicken on the ice , no

Yep, especially after they tried to sell the in the mix nonsense. The pressure will mount, Hugo & co know a rebuild can go wrong really fast.

Even some of the media who have been his biggest fan boys are starting to question his “concepts”

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Who’s coaching them ? How come his « message » doesn’t pass ?
he was a pee wee coach and his staff is inexperienced. Defensively, he/they are lost.

Great player, shitty coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad