Player Discussion Arber Xhekaj: The Sheriff

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
Xhekaj is living rent free in the leafs Pre-game thread discussion. They are pissed that they have to dress Reaves just in case.

I honestly don’t want Xhekaj to fight Reaves. Xhekaj is more important to us long term than fighting unidimensional heavyweights.

It’s just interesting to see the deterrent impact Xhekaj is having on other teams, while not even being at is peak yet.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
One of the best enforcers in the league and a solid contributing player. He's played less than a 100 games and shown decent offense. Very lucky to have him. And I have no doubt he can control himself if needed. He's a smart guy.

Reactions: BLONG7

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Xhekaj is living rent free in the leafs Pre-game thread discussion. They are pissed that they have to dress Reaves just in case.
Don't dress Reaves and nothing will happen because Xhekaj isn't actually a goon...

I feel like Leafs and Sens (fans and teams) are just trying to stir shit so they can play the victim afterward.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Leto

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Man, just read the game thread on the leafs. Xhekaj really lives free in their heads. Just like sens fans! :laugh:

What a player we have. They mad cause Reaves sucks ar hockey while Xhekaj is a legit hockey player.

Reactions: BLONG7

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018

I honestly don’t want Xhekaj to fight Reaves. Xhekaj is more important to us long term than fighting unidimensional heavyweights.

It’s just interesting to see the deterrent impact Xhekaj is having on other teams, while not even being at is peak yet.
I do and I want him to beat the shit out of him like he did with Kassian. Then you'll never hear of this again.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not sure I like the Xhekaj and Barron pairing. I think they will get exposed on the road. We will see.

Our D core has so much potential but they are still very young. This is the area that will push us up or hold us back.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Not sure I like the Xhekaj and Barron pairing. I think they will get exposed on the road. We will see.

Our D core has so much potential but they are still very young. This is the area that will push us up or hold us back.
They will be fine.....................that said wouldn't mind seeing the Sherriff and Struble do their thing on the 3rd pair also....

Impossible to avoid fighting Reaves. Par for the course one might say.
I have faith that he will handle himself well win or lose.
If Reaves loses to the Sherriff again, he might as well go be with the Marlies.
The guy is a joke of a player now.
At least Arber can play the NHL game.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Impossible to avoid fighting Reaves. Par for the course one might say.
I have faith that he will handle himself well win or lose.
It's a shame that thugs who can't play can still affect a game. Arber will hold his own but as a Dman he is far more valuable than a 5 minute per game goon.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They will be fine.....................that said wouldn't mind seeing the Sherriff and Struble do their thing on the 3rd pair also....

I'm sure we will try various combo's on the 3rd pairing. Xhekaj seems to be focused more on the player protection area vs providing stable D. I have faith he figures that out over time as he mature more.

From the 3 (Xhekaj, Barron, Struble), I trust Struble the most in our own zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad