Arber Xhekaj Modern Day Bertuzzi Attack

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Pare deserved it. Threw a dirty as shit knee on Laine that looked really bad for Laine.

If you're an AHL scrub throwing cheap shots at NHL stars, you deserve to get your face caved in. Even if Xhekaj gets suspended, he was 100% right for doing that. Especially considering Pare was too chicken shit to fight Xhekaj.

Last edited:

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
He absolutely should be suspended for this.

Pare deserved to get his ass beat. But if he’s unwilling you cannot punch a guy repeatedly in the back of the head. If you think that’s acceptable even once then you don’t understand the potential outcome of that action.

Reactions: dgibb10

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
20240928_174100.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Likely a suspension but this isn’t anything like the Bertuzzi incident.
He grabs him and sucker punches him in the back of the head numerous times, I don't think I've seen this vicious of an attack since the Bertuzzi one and it is pretty similar imo. And I like Xhekaj (obvs from Rempe avy I do like the rough stuff) but this was unhinged

Reactions: Skullz

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
He grabs him and sucker punches him in the back of the head numerous times, I don't think I've seen this vicious of an attack since the Bertuzzi one and it is pretty similar imo. And I like Xhekaj (obvs from Rempe avy I do like the rough stuff) but this was unhinged
Bertuzzi blindsided Moore and slammed his head into the ice, Xhekaj was feeding shots to a guy down on his knees.

Neither a good look but very different scenarios

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
Leaf scrub getting pimp-slapped after a vicious cheapskate knee on Laine...what a beautiful way to start off the 2025 season!

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Reminds me of Kassian beating up turtling Tkachuk.
Should be 2 regular season games suspension IMO

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Literally nothing in that is similar to the Bertuzzi incident.
He absolutely should be suspended for this.

Pare deserved to get his ass beat. But if he’s unwilling you cannot punch a guy repeatedly in the back of the head. If you think that’s acceptable even once then you don’t understand the potential outcome of that action.
He has a helmet and Xhekaj has a hockey glove. The potential outcome is at worse some discomfort in your neck muscles.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Literally nothing in that is similar to the Bertuzzi incident.

He has a helmet and Xhekaj has a hockey glove. The potential outcome is at worse some discomfort in your neck muscles.
We all know helmets allow players to skate worry free from head injuries all the time.

Regardless of outcome, the intent and action of punching someone in the back of the head has to be prohibited and a precedent set.

BerthMania

Jun 3, 2022
Montréal
I think the comparison is a little exagerated, Xhekaj didn't land a single punch, and it wasn't a sucker punch from behind that made the victim fall on his head. Xhekaj was checking Pare for a couple seconds before he started throwing punch. Also, Pare knew what Xhekaj was doing, so he could protect himself even if he's too much of a coward to engage in the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad