Prospect Info: April 2: Alexei Kolosov has joined AHL Phantoms (Goalie, 2021 draft pick); played April 13

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
It would benefit Kolosov to hang around LHV to see how things shake out with goaltending in the system. Fedotov might not be a lock for the back up job in Philly. The guy certainly is big and takes up a lot of space. Decent use of the glove and blocker. However he doesn't move that quickly in any direction. When the puck is at his feet, he doesn't track it that well. Fedotov might need more time to get his game to work in NA.
If Fedotov we're to go to LHV to work on his game, who would come up, Makiniemi or Kolosov?

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I don’t trust Lappy to handle Kolosov the right way. He’s going to give Peterson a majority of the starts
Peterson is on the last year of his deal. Kolosov and Makiniemi should be the two goalies getting time at LHV in case one of them need to be called up. Peterson can go to Reading or home for all that it matters. He hit the bank. Time for him to carry on with the rest of his life

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Briere says Abols can speak Russian, so Kolosov has someone to talk to. Also says Kolosov actually can understand English better this year, just struggles speaking it.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If Fedotov we're to go to LHV to work on his game, who would come up, Makiniemi or Kolosov?
Would have to be Kolosov unless Makiniemi is pitching shutouts in the AHL while Kolosov is a sieve.

I think Lappy is a god awful coach, but even he is surely not dumb enough to prioritize Petersen at this stage of his career with two young goalies as options.

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
Fedotov might be shit so we'll see. I like Kolosov better. Would be foolish of the organization to let a 23 year old with a great track record get away from them. So that's exactly what will happen.

Reactions: volnoir

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Fedotov might be shit so we'll see. I like Kolosov better. Would be foolish of the organization to let a 23 year old with a great track record get away from them. So that's exactly what will happen.
If they lend him back to Minsk they still have control under his ELC.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Friedman says they have 2 more weeks to make a decision on Kolosov
It's not that simple, it's more like they agreed to discuss staying at the end of October.
If Fedotov continues to struggle, Kolosov may see an opportunity.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's not that simple, it's more like they agreed to discuss staying at the end of October.
If Fedotov continues to struggle, Kolosov may see an opportunity.
IMG_7449.jpeg
Unless you’ve got some inside information, it sounds exactly as simple as that.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
View attachment 918216Unless you’ve got some inside information, it sounds exactly as simple as that.
Isn't that what I said?
He has the ability to go back to the KHL at the end of the month.
However, he would also have to have Minsk agree to take him back (doubt he wants to go anywhere else in the KHL).
And he would have to decide to take that option.

It's possible they sit down and tell him they're going to give Fedotov a chance, but if he doesn't improve they plan to bring Kolosov up and give him a shot at the backup job. And Kolosov decides to move his deadline back a few weeks or a month.

Reactions: renberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad