Prospect Info: April 2: Alexei Kolosov has joined AHL Phantoms (Goalie, 2021 draft pick); played April 13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
I had a dream that kolosov was an absolute barn burner, won the starting job and got 40 wins and a 2.04 GAA along with a .934 save percentage, and laughed and joked around with the media about his rocky start with the flyers while accepting his trophy at the end of the year, telling everyone how instrumental torts was helping with his smooth transition to the NHL.
This board will explode if that happened

• Haha
Reactions: Larry44

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
He didn't choose to isolate himself.

They brought him over for a month, stuck him in a hotel room, gave him no interpreter so he could to someone, then plaued him no f***ing games. How wanted is a guy going to feel?

Imagine going to Russia for a month and just going to practice where you can't communicate with anyone. Then going to your hotel room where you just sit there watching Russian TV. Then on top of it, you don't even get to play a game.

Why the hell would you want to go back?
He asked to be put in a hotel as he didn't want any roommates. Seems he didnt want to assimilate.

Reactions: Jettany

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
How fun would dinners and extrac. be if you couldn't talk to anyone or understand a thing being said?

So simple to have an interpreter hired to "hold his hand" and play him a few games. Doesn't that seem like the bare minimum any team would do?
Yes it does.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He asked to be put in a hotel as he didn't want any roommates. Seems he didnt want to assimilate.
Would you want a roommate that you can't communicate with?

Use some common sense. Bringing over a Russian speaking player for a month and not getting him an interpreter si he CAN start to get to know guys is just idiotic. Then to not even let him play a game just adds to the idiocy.

Reactions: BillDineen

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Would you want a roommate that you can't communicate with?

Use some common sense. Bringing over a Russian speaking player for a month and not getting him an interpreter si he CAN start to get to know guys is just idiotic. Then to not even let him play a game just adds to the idiocy.
Stop blaming the Flyers for every problem. He didn't want to get together or have a roommate. He didn't help matters. Seems he may have made things difficult for himself.

The plan was not to play him that much. I do not agree but that was it. Any factual proof that Kolosov wasn't told this as well?

Do you know for certain they didn't have an interpreter or anyone helping him at all?

Reactions: Jettany

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Stop blaming the Flyers for every problem. He didn't want to get together or have a roommate. He didn't help matters. Seems he may have made things difficult for himself.

The plan was not to play him that much. I do not agree but that was it. Any factual proof that Kolosov wasn't told this as well?

Do you know for certain they didn't have an interpreter or anyone helping him at all?
Just every report stating it and not one refuting it.

Again...why get together or have a roommate when you can't f***ing communicate with them. What the hell are they going to do? Hint...turn on the TV that's in English that he can't understand.

Now imagine if the DID get an interpreter and HE was his roommate. And he went to dinner and other team events where he COULD talk to others thru the interpreter. Oh, and play him a few games to actually see how he plays, and let him know he IS part of the team and that he isn't just a Russian shooter tutor in practice.

Flyers 100% deserve blame. To try and justify how they handled him is asinine.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Just every report stating it and not one refuting it.

Again...why get together or have a roommate when you can't f***ing communicate with them. What the hell are they going to do? Hint...turn on the TV that's in English that he can't understand.

Now imagine if the DID get an interpreter and HE was his roommate. And he went to dinner and other team events where he COULD talk to others thru the interpreter. Oh, and play him a few games to actually see how he plays, and let him know he IS part of the team and that he isn't just a Russian shooter tutor in practice.

Flyers 100% deserve blame. To try and justify how they handled him is asinine.
Any links? Meltzer I believe said they did provide.

To place no blame on the player is asinine. Maybe he should try to learn the language. Rosetta stone baby. Nah can't do that. All on the Flyers.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Any links? Meltzer I believe said they did provide.

To place no blame on the player is asinine. Maybe he should try to learn the language. Rosetta stone baby. Nah can't do that. All on the Flyers.
Do they have an interpreter for Michkov? Sure do...front an center...quite obvious.

Funny you don't think that of MM not knowing English.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Michkov is working hard to learn English.
No sign Kolosov has made that kind of commitment.

You don't have to be fluent, you can get by with the basics.
Though full imersion is the best way to learn a language.

Reactions: blackjackmulligan

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
IF you were going to be in Russia for a month would try to learn some Russian or just whine your homesick?
You know he didn't try?

Again, getting an interpreter for a guy you can't communicate with and visa versa seems like the bare minimum to expect from a team.

Guess that's just me.

Hmm...I wonder if an interpreter could HELP a dude learn a new language. Nah....silly talk.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
You know he didn't try?

Again, getting an interpreter for a guy you can't communicate with and visa versa seems like the bare minimum to expect from a team.

Guess that's just me.

Hmm...I wonder if an interpreter could HELP a dude learn a new language. Nah....silly talk.
See you didn't answer the question.

You have showed zero proof they didn't provide him any support.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
You know he didn't try?

Guess that's just me.

I grew up with my Grandma (from Ukraine/Czechoslovakia) living with us. As much as I think Kolosov and the Phantoms/Flyers both could have done better, people gotta understand there is a large cultural divide with players from Eastern Europe. Their outlook on life, teamwork, individualism, family - is just flat out different.

Right or wrong - where you are from changes your outlook on life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad