Prospect Info: April 2: Alexei Kolosov has joined AHL Phantoms (Goalie, 2021 draft pick); played April 13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Hopefully he wins a job. I just don’t see it working with Fedotov. He has been fairly putrid.
Maybe the new pads and an offseason have helped.

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hopefully he wins a job. I just don’t see it working with Fedotov. He has been fairly putrid.
Maybe the new pads and an offseason have helped.

Fedotov, of anyone, should get a bit of a do-over this year. I challenge anyone to go from conscription in the Arctic Circle to a season as the starting goalie for your country's dictator's favorite team, under his watchful eye at all times, to a clandestine escape from Russia the likes of which we haven't seen since the Cold War, to performing at the highest level of competition without so much as a week to get yourself acclimated to suddenly living halfway across the world.

If he's still bollocks this season, well, that's why we have Kolosov and Bjarnason and Makiniemi and Zavagrin all lined up to take the spot behind Ersson, too. But I think Fedotov should get a chance to settle in before we wash our hands of him.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
If they thought Fedotov was trash why did they sign him?
Fedotov was a top KHL goalie before he was exiled to the Arctic circle.

He just looks bad. I haven’t seen any of the preseason or scrimmage games this year, but it sounds like more of the same. In the one clip from kolosov that charlie posted, I already like his lateral movement. If that’s what he looks like and has a strong glove - he is already the #2 here.

I like Ersson a lot, but he will need a 1B. If all works out that Kolosov and Jett make the team they may be in the playoffs.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The point is they don’t know, goalies are unpredictable. If he stinks, they can absolutely give Kolosov a shot - which is why it was objectively dumb for him to try and not show up.
He’ll get NHL games this year for sure - but waiting just created additional competition for himself.
That's a different issue, goalies are like baseball pitchers, you can never have enough. Because they can go from the penthouse to the outhouse in one season (see Mason).

But Fedotov played at a higher level than Kolosov ever approached in the KHL.

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
I definitely want to give Fedotov a fair shake for adjusting the the North American game. He wasn't good last year but his situation was odd and I feel like Russian goalies usually need some extra time to adjust but I could be off base. I know Bob struggled at times his rookie season with letting in shots from poor angles since he wasn't used to it.

Either way, I don't care if it's Ersson, Kolosov, Fedotov, or Jett Luchanko who plays in net if they're able to be reliable #1 goalie for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad