OT: Anything Goes 41

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Apparently the latest fashion trend is designer pee stained jeans.. you see,it is now apparently "cool" to display you wet yourself!

Obviously the World has gone MAD and this is a sign of the Decline Of Western Civilization...what is next ? POOP pants?

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Apparently the latest fashion trend is designer pee stained jeans.. you see,it is now apparently "cool" to display you wet yourself!

Obviously the World has gone MAD and this is a sign of the Decline Of Western Civilization...what is next ? POOP pants?
Fifty ask yourself one question brother: have I ever seen someone wearing designer pee-stained jeans in real life? Then have a sip of water and carry on

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I've been to Chicago multiple times and had nothing but great times.

My wife just went on a trip with one of her best friends. Another friend was supposed to join, but decided to hold back because their mother convinced them it was going to be too dangerous there. My wife and her friend had a fantastic time. No danger occurred.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I've been to Chicago multiple times and had nothing but great times.

My wife just went on a trip with one of her best friends. Another friend was supposed to join, but decided to hold back because their mother convinced them it was going to be too dangerous there. My wife and her friend had a fantastic time. No danger occurred.
It's all bullshit that is blown out of proportion by the media, to make Democratic run cities look like lawless cesspools of crime and violence. Yeah, there are major issues with progressive DAs and prosecution of crime, but these cities are all still safer than they were 20 years ago. Let's not let facts get in the way of a good narrative, either:

From 2016 to 2020, the two U.S. counties to experience the most gun homicides per capita were rural:* (see Figure 1)
Phillips County, Arkansas: 55.45 age-adjusted homicides per 100,000 people
Lowndes County, Alabama: 48.36 age-adjusted homicides per 100,000 people**
From 2016 to 2020, 13 of the 20 U.S. counties with the most gun homicides per capita were rural: (see Figure 1)
80 percent of these 20 counties are in states that received an “F” grade for their weak gun laws, according to Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence’s 2021 annual state scorecard rankings.
In 2020, the total gun death rate for rural communities—when age-adjusted per 100,000 people—was 40 percent higher than it was for large metropolitan areas.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
IMG_0757.jpeg

Beautiful day on the course

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Had an absolutely bizarre interaction at the gas station today. Went in and said hey man how you doing can I please get two tins of Camel?

Dude proceeded to tell me how he was doing. Fighting with his girlfriend, needs to take his pet to the vet. I had to stop him. Like dude I do not care. I'm being Midwestern fake courteous. There's like five acceptable answers to that question. You're doing well? The answer is good. You're alright? You're fine. Life is f***ed? Say you're living the dream. We've all agreed to this social contract.

I'm not a good person but f*** me running just give me my f***ing nicotine.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Had an absolutely bizarre interaction at the gas station today. Went in and said hey man how you doing can I please get two tins of Camel?

Dude proceeded to tell me how he was doing. Fighting with his girlfriend, needs to take his pet to the vet. I had to stop him. Like dude I do not care. I'm being Midwestern fake courteous. There's like five acceptable answers to that question. You're doing well? The answer is good. You're alright? You're fine. Life is f***ed? Say you're living the dream. We've all agreed to this social contract.

I'm not a good person but f*** me running just give me my f***ing nicotine.
You just lost out on a new friend.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I got more friends than I want already.
It’s your punishment for nicotine use. Drink coffee or something else bro! You’re doing great with the boozin’ presumably. Still gotta limit your harmful vices.

I’m Chicago service industry. I know it’s rough. Gotta do it anyway though. Especially when you’re in your mid-late 30’s.

No judgement of course. Just semi-anonymous wishes for your well being.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It’s your punishment for nicotine use. Drink coffee or something else bro! You’re doing great with the boozin’ presumably. Still gotta limit your harmful vices.

I’m Chicago service industry. I know it’s rough. Gotta do it anyway though. Especially when you’re in your mid-late 30’s.

No judgement of course. Just semi-anonymous wishes for your well being.
Can't have caffeine. It'll make me have a seizure.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I’ve never been a smoker, but when I was a teenager I worked at a mom and pop pharmacy that sold a ton of cigarettes. The cartons often came with a shirt, hat, lighter, keychain, boxer shorts, water bottle, windbreaker… and the owner would tell me to take whatever I wanted. Half my wardrobe was Marlboro and Camel.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My six year-old son dropped an elbow on me from the top rope this morning. We drove him to school due to rain, and I joked while we were going that we could've walked if I held him above my head like an umbrella for me to stay dry. He then responded, "you wouldn't stay all dry, your belly would get wet as it looks big today."

Man alive, I didn't see that sick zinger coming. Honestly burst out laughing on the spot.

That being said, he's now paying for his own college.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Who the f*** is affording these houses going for $500-$650k????

Combined my wife and I do well enough financially and when she stops working we’re going to be relying on my income alone for a while. But I’ll be in a very solid tech field going forward. I do not understand how people are buying these mostly average suburban homes at these outrageous prices.

Especially compared to the prices of these homes back in even 2018 or so. High home prices AND high interest rates. I feel like a chump being forced into overpaying $150-$200k for what I often see listed.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Combined my wife and I do well enough financially and when she stops working we’re going to be relying on my income alone for a while. But I’ll be in a very solid tech field going forward. I do not understand how people are buying these mostly average suburban homes at these outrageous prices.

Especially compared to the prices of these homes back in even 2018 or so. High home prices AND high interest rates. I feel like a chump being forced into overpaying $150-$200k for what I often see listed.
Black Rock.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

giphy.gif

Thankfully we're locked in at just a bit over 4% and the Redfin/Zillow estimates have the value already up 20-25% in 2 years.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

People who enjoy being house poor.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm just happy that my wife and I bought in 2016. We basically beat a psychotic explosion in property values by maybe 18 months. Had we waited two years, it would've legitimately cost us a bedroom and a finished basement at least even though our salaries had gone up in that time, and if we were buying now it probably would've cost us a second bedroom.

Note, we live in Bloomington-Normal. Four bedrooms.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
We bought a foreclosure in 2015. We owe less than 100k on it at this point, and it's valued around 260k. We're looking to move soon, but not in any kind of rush to jump into something, and plan on taking our time to find something at a good price and good value. If we don't find that for a year, or two years, or whatever... then we don't. Time is irrelevant, it's more about finding the right deal, and not being house poor. House prices are outrageously stupid right now. Real estate investment companies that bought all the single family homes, only to rent them out at double the rent cost over the mortgage, are the prime culprits of the shortage of inventory, and the fact that families can't find single-family homes right now. Those companies, and everyone who works for them, can eat shit and die.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It should be illegal for companies to buy housing to rent.
100%. I'm perfectly fine with an individual investing in some real estate for passive income or whatever, but when companies are buying up thousands and thousands of houses, paying dirt cheap prices, with dirt cheap interest rates, and then doubling the rent to what amounts to twice what a single family would pay on the mortage... it's f***ed up. Like I said, those companies, and anyone who works for them, can eat shit and die.

Reactions: Giovi and Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad