OT: Anything Goes 33: What'cha Drinking?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
This is difficult because it is hard to fully grasp what it is like to be you. I would suggest reading about people’s experiences of both dating with autism and people without it who dated people with it to better prepare yourself for common situations you may encounter. Perhaps there is a forum on this topic. I’ll say this much, I didn’t know you had it until you started talking about it.

IMO, you seem like you have some anxiety, at least about this. Try to work on that. Hit the gym, eat healthy, don’t be too hard on yourself, that stuff helps everyone.

As for your questions:

1. Give as little information about yourself as possible. Just live in the moment and try to have a good time with whoever you spend time with. She’ll ask questions about you. It’s better that way than spitting everything out too soon. Take things really slow.

2. Well, you need to be able to read the specific person to know that. I would say many dates in and not until you are somewhat close with this woman.

3. I don’t have experience with online dating. I’m sure there are people here who do though that can offer good advice. I’d say keep it casual and short. Give a genuine compliment. Try to find something in the profile you have in common and bring that up.

4. Don’t get in your own head so much. Just have fun on the date. When you do go on a date, try to make it an activity rather than a dinner or something where there’s a lot of talking.

5. This is a question better left for the ladies. I just sense when we’re vibing and go in for the kiss.

Since you said you definitely don’t want kids and want to date a woman in her 30’s, have you given any thought to dating a single mom? Also, I think you could really benefit from befriending a woman and letting her help you. Good luck brother, just keep improving the things you can control.
No I hate kids. They're not fun in any way for me.
More interested in the DINK lifestyle than anything else.
The whole knowledge of me being on the spectrum shapes my entire social interactions with people. With anyone, regardless of gender, they have to be willing to set rules/boundaries and be patient enough to deal with me breaking them occasionally while I learn them. That is conversation #1. I've never been able to keep a friend without this conversation. I annoy the crap out of people otherwise and they block me/ignore me.

Last edited:

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I just want to put out there how cool it is that people feel comfortable putting their life out there for others here to see and opening that door. Maybe not being face to face gives people a sense of courage they otherwise wouldn't have in person, and that is not remotely a criticism. And not only how cool it is, but how equally cool it is that so many here are as free of judgement as they are and supportive and trying to give answers or at least share perspectives and allow for people to feel comfortable to put stuff out there.

This place can be a toxic cesspool when it comes to the actual hockey side of things but there are genuinely good people here and I think it's pretty bad ass people are comfortable being honest about things going on in their lives, because let's be honest; we all have our shit.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Thank you both, means a lot. I try to answer better later especially for you Courtney.

But yeah, regularly I see a professional and going to see her again on Friday. Last couple years meetings have been occasionally like once in a month or two but in last couple months a lot more often because of work-related stress and other personal stuff. It helps, kind of. Now little things feels bigger than they are but that is just how I feel and think of them.

Maybe eventually I’m mentally healthy or maybe not, but I want to learn how to live with it. I’m already 26 years old haha and still battling it, like I did when I was a teenager.

I'm going to be 26 in a month. Unfortunately there's no age limit on this type of stuff. :/

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Guys/gals, here's an article that explains why people on the spectrum are confused by social boundaries:
Why Boundaries are Difficult (Autism)

It was overwhelming for me to read that. As Blue Liner said, we all have things we have to deal with and learn to live with. I think the main thing with dating women who are not on the spectrum is not to overwhelm them with information, especially about yourself. Ask questions and make it about her so you don’t inadvertently come off as self centered.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Wow. This Tax Reform is phenomenal.

Child Tax Credit threshold moving from $110K MFJ to $400K is huge for me AND they doubled it from $1000 to $2000

Reactions: BK

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Wow. This Tax Reform is phenomenal.

Child Tax Credit threshold moving from $110K MFJ to $400K is huge for me AND they doubled it from $1000 to $2000

Sucks for people who itemize deductions.

Reactions: BK

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Unless you are a CPA I would have a CPA look at your taxes.

$200 to pay a CPA to fill out a 1040EZ on pretty much 2 W-2's?

2 W-2's, Mortgage Interest, last of Student Loan Interest, and some 1099 int.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Correction, I do not like the Tax Reform. I went from paying $863 to $2,500 now :eek:

How do you owe that much money? :eek:

You need to make adjustments on your withholding for each of you. Ideally your goal should be to owe little to nothing, or have a refund every year. If not, you're having way too little in taxes taken out.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
That really depends. I know plenty of 1%'ers who are taking an overall hit due to the changes in the salt deductions. The tax reform was really designed to benefit the richest of the rich.

This is true. What I meant when I said 1% was the richest of the rich, not necessarily those making a few hundred thousand a year. Not sure what you're considering richest of the rich, but when I say 1%, I'm talking about those making millions per year, and not those who are just "simple rich" I guess you could say. :laugh:

I know, technically the 1% requirement is around half a million dollars per year, but that's not really the people I was referring to.

Reactions: hawksrule

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

You need to make adjustments on your withholding for each of you. Ideally your goal should be to owe little to nothing, or have a refund every year. If not, you're having way too little in taxes taken out.

The new tax law is going to screw a lot of people. The IRS has even been begging its own employees to look at their withholdings.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The new tax law is going to screw a lot of people. The IRS has even been begging its own employees to look at their withholdings.

A lot of us did say this when the tax plan was put into effect... but no one wanted to believe it. They all just heard "ZOMG, $50 more on each paycheck!" without knowing how to actually look at it and figure out what was going to happen to them come tax time...

I still believe that he needs to have more withheld, though. He shouldn't even owe $850 per year with a house and student loan interest. Especially if he has kids.(can't remember).

My fiance has our house only in her name, so it's only used in her taxes. With her student loan interest, mortgage interest, etc. she regularly gets a refund up around $2500. With zero kids to claim. I'm not sure how you can owe so much unless you're having far, far too little taken out of your checks.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015

3 of us. My wife and I work full time. I claim 1, she claims zero. April comes around, you owe us $2,500.

This was based on Taxcaster and not off my TurboTax Deluxe. So very much an estimate right now.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
3 of us. My wife and I work full time. I claim 1, she claims zero. April comes around, you owe us $2,500.

This was based on Taxcaster and not off my TurboTax Deluxe. So very much an estimate right now.

Then there almost has to be a mistake in there somewhere... if you claim 1 and she claims zero(and you're filing married/joint) with a child, there should be no way that you owe that much money.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Then there almost has to be a mistake in there somewhere... if you claim 1 and she claims zero(and you're filing married/joint) with a child, there should be no way that you owe that much money.

I don't get it either man. I just double checked both mine and my wife's W-4. I am married, claiming 1 and she is married, claiming 0. She only works 48 hours every 2 weeks tho? Not sure if that is causing an issue?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yep, took our last paystubs, took total gross subtracted out 401k contrib and used Fed Withholding.

That's likely your issue. You need to subtract out your 401k plus all of your health/vision/dental insurance costs as well. None of that is taxable income, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad