Value of: Anyone want a slightly used Jet?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Ehlers went from immovable for Jake Guentzel to slightly used?

Interesting.

Ehlers > Guentzel was the talk of the time...

I would still want to acquire Ehlers as a Penguins fan.
I recall conversations about Guenzel. It made no sense to trade a top 6 forward to gain one. Jets needed to ADD one.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I recall conversations about Guenzel. It made no sense to trade a top 6 forward to gain one. Jets needed to ADD one.

1714352703296.png

Not really being used as a top six forward.

Guentzel would've been a huge addition for the Jets. Oh well.

What would you want from PIT for him now?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Ehlers + Connor + Iafallo + Pionk for Marner + Nylander + Robertson + Liljgren

Let’s go! Lol

Values aside, Nylander & Marner both have NMC neither are waiving to go to any Western Canada teams........they both seem like American bigger market destinations type of players (Florida, Cali, NY, etc)

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think you would need to add .

Connor is flawed but he is a sure thing 30+ goals per year guy. .91 ppg in his career.

That would be for Ehlers. I don't think you'd get our 1st unless there is significant protection on it for a UFA like Ehlers. Canes late 1st or a 2nd + Koivunen would seem to match up with what we typically see for UFAs.

• Haha
Reactions: hn777

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
The Jets aren't going to win with Scheifele as a 1C unless the 2C is basically a low-end 1C and can handle some defensive responsibility. Lowry can't do it all himself and I don't see Perfetti ever hitting those kind of expectations. If they could flip Scheifele for a ROR type that'd go a long way, or find another way to get a guy like that. But its far easier said than done.

The defence also needs work. Morrissey is a passable #1 in the playoffs sure, but every other d-man is playing at least 1 spot higher in the depth chart than they should be. They need a Parayko or Trouba (lol) type.

As others have said, the Jets kinda made their bed with this core

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The Jets aren't going to win with Scheifele as a 1C unless the 2C is basically a low-end 1C and can handle some defensive responsibility. Lowry can't do it all himself and I don't see Perfetti ever hitting those kind of expectations. If they could flip Scheifele for a ROR type that'd go a long way, or find another way to get a guy like that. But its far easier said than done.

The defence also needs work. Morrissey is a passable #1 in the playoffs sure, but every other d-man is playing at least 1 spot higher in the depth chart than they should be. They need a Parayko or Trouba (lol) type.

As others have said, the Jets kinda made their bed with this core
Gotta just hope Lambert is a hit and we can pull a Dallas with the young guys pushing down the vets

Reactions: Keystone

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Is Lambert projecting to be an NHLer let alone better than Perfetti? Genuinely asking not tryna be snarky
I can't speak for Lambert except that he had a fantastic season on the AHL Moose. Perfetti in his first full season just missed his 20 goal schedule A bonus because Bowness sat him for multiple games. 1 G short. Perfetti is going to be a solid 2nd line winger if he can stay healthy. There's hope that Lambert has more to offer.

Reactions: hn777 and Ponds

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
As an outsider I don’t think Connor is an issue.

Monahan and Toffoli seemed like okay deadline adds but the lack of speed is incredibly apparent. They need to let them both walk and address team speed and add another element to the depth.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Jets getting embarrassed in the playoffs AGAIN. No way Chevy can stick with this group, right? (sadly I do believe he will still be the GM after assembling a team of wet paper)

Curious what teams would offer for any of the following:

Kyle Connor 2 more years at $7.1

Nikolai Ehlers - 1 more year at $6.0

Alex Iafallo - 1 year at $4.0

Neal Pionk - 1 year at $5.75
Obviously Kyle Connor and Ehlers would have the most value in a trade. As a fan, don't you think trading both would lead to a rebuild for several years?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I would love Buffalo to finally correct not signing Iafallo back when he first came out of college. They need mid-line guys who play a solid 2-way game, he seems like a great fit for that. Cost would be the question - can't see much on the Sabres that doesn't open more holes for them, so they'd probably be offering up futures (a draft pick, say a 2nd?).

Reactions: Jacob582

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would love Buffalo to finally correct not signing Iafallo back when he first came out of college. They need mid-line guys who play a solid 2-way game, he seems like a great fit for that. Cost would be the question - can't see much on the Sabres that doesn't open more holes for them, so they'd probably be offering up futures (a draft pick, say a 2nd?).
It depends if the Jets want to make the dreaded "hockey trade". Sabres have Rosen/Kulich/Savoie/Ostlund/Wahlberg in the system...they can afford to lose one for Iafollo, no?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It depends if the Jets want to make the dreaded "hockey trade". Sabres have Rosen/Kulich/Savoie/Ostlund/Wahlberg in the system...they can afford to lose one for Iafollo, no?

Rosen is probably the one who they would part with first but the issue there is his comp is mostly Ehlers and that's kind of a dirty word at the moment.

One season of contract control on Iafallo may not make him worth a recent first alone. Also, are the Jets looking to add that sort of future or are they looking to add trade ammo (like a pick) to make moves on their defense to improve their ability to get out of their end as has been an issue this playoff thus far?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad