Anyone use alternative to shoulder pads or none at all?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
In low level mens league/open skate?

The latter is probably certainly stupid, but i'd be lying if i said i haven't done it. Anyone use something like this and have any feedback, would it be sufficient for lower level mens' league? Or recommend any other alternatives for bulky shoulders for beer league...

LAbzE8E.png

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
I use this in my two leagues and in pick up games. These are no checking leagues so they work great. A lot of guys I play with wear these or a variation.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I use this in my two leagues and in pick up games. These are no checking leagues so they work great. A lot of guys I play with wear these or a variation.

Do you wear that specific Mission one or a different one? Worth the $70.00?

gswift

Mar 27, 2013
I have 3 levels of shoulder protection that I switch between. Easton Pro10, CCM RBZ padded shirt or no shouldies. depending on which level/position I'm playing at.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I just couldn’t picture myself not using some type of protection. Lots of the ‘all stars’ or try hards hardly use it at all during a free skate/pickup.

Side note: I always forget Mission still exists in some capacity in the roller world

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I just couldn’t picture myself not using some type of protection. Lots of the ‘all stars’ or try hards hardly use it at all during a free skate/pickup.

Side note: I always forget Mission still exists in some capacity in the roller world

I guess "exists" is the right word. I don't think they've produced a new product in 3-4 years, in any facet, skates, protection, apparel etc.

That same padded shirt on Pure's site was first released 5-6 years ago

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I've never played a game of ice hockey in my life without shoulder pads on. Even when I go to general skating it feels weird without them. I have a set of CCM Quicklite QLTs and don't even notice them during a game.

That being said, I know plenty of people who just wear the padded shirts like the one in the OP and do so without any problems. To each his own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad