Anyone else think that New Jersey is in for a really big year?

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
Can we not with these threads? They lose tomorrow and someone is posting how they are a fraud. Can we give it like, a month maybe?
If sports media has taught me anything it's that the most important part of sports is made up narrative.

Spargon

May 31, 2019
I have been assured as a Leafs fan that Keefe is the worst coach in the league and can't win in the playoffs. Since the regular season and any stats therein no longer count and playoff success is the only measure acceptable, according to HF these days. There is no chance they accomplish anything.

Sarcasm aside, there is potential for sure.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Everyone just accepted they won the President's Trophy/Cup in 2024, we moved on to 2025 and now we're seeing if they can repeat.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Just to double check, we're talking about Jacob Markström? And the 2023-24 season?
Jacob Markstrom was 3rd in the NHL in GSAx last year.

Will he play as well as he did last year? unlikely, goalies are volatile and he's 35.

But yes, if he plays as well as he did last year, yes he likely is in the Vezina conversation.

Reactions: Romang67

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I can see NJ having a really good regular season, 98-102 pts but with Keefe and his lack of adaptability he under preforms in the post season

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Jacob Markstrom was 3rd in the NHL in GSAx last year.

Will he play as well as he did last year? unlikely, goalies are volatile and he's 35.

But yes, if he plays as well as he did last year, yes he likely is in the Vezina conversation.
Man, the GSAx difference between sites is wild. Moneypuck has him 9th last season, nowhere near the top 3, and with a good but not great /60 rate. Evolving hockey has him clearly in the top 3 despite missing a bunch of games.

Always liked him, so I'm hoping for a repeat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad