Anyone else get kinda spooked by things that go bump in the nite?

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I live like a 10-12 minute walk from a Boston Pizza that I frequent. And, as I don't drink and drive, I always do just that, walk. Unsurprisingly, it is usually dark out on my walk home, which is fine, but I live in an older neighborhood (it's pushing 40 years old), so, suffice it to say, there are a lot of big trees, bushes, plants, etc in//on everyone's yard. There are also a lot of hares, squirrels, raccoons, skunks, etc in the area, which, in turn causes a lot of rustling of leaves and branches, etc while they are running around.

I will admit that, when walking, hearing a bush two feet away from me start rustling and shaking because some unknown entity is in it, kinda makes me give it a wide berth and makes me pick up the pace. I will also admit, that I have a very active imagination, and love the heck out of horror movies, so while probably harmless, on the off chance that the sound is a werewolf, killer shrew, zombie or some such, I like to quickly put distance between the noise and myself.

This happen to anyone else?

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
I take walks after midnight, walking through the paths and forest behind my house while listening to music. No not really.

AnAceOfKidneys

May 2, 2014
iu

Remington 700

Jul 11, 2007
South Park, PA
You want creepy.

A couple months ago my 2 year old passed out on the couch, so I carry him upstairs and put him in bed. 20 minutes later he starts screaming hysterically like I've never heard before. I run in his room and after 10 minutes he finally calms down enough to mumble "The old man say get out my house." Theres now a rosary and bottle of holy water in the corner he pointed at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad