Any NY area members buy Center Ice from Optimum/Cablevision?

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Are most of the Center Ice broadcasts still in SD? Haven't subscribed in years, but always found it pathetic that all games were not in HD.

Was that due to Center Ice not being HD or the team's local broadcast not in HD at the time?

Whatever it is, I don't see why anyone would get Center Ice over NHL.tv.

RangerFan23

Jul 28, 2010
So, I've been thinking about ending my cable, but live sports is one of the only things around ... Does anyone know a service that provides good, reliable streaming of NHL games, maybe through my Roku? I live in NYC so I know GameCenter isn't an option. *************.com or something?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I've gotten center ice every year since the package came out in 2002/2003. The games are all offered now in HD, there are certain games depending on the load of schedule that come through in only SD, depends on the amount of games going that night and times. You'll also get CBC's after hours on Saturday Nights and pre-shows, as well as hockey day in Canada.

Years ago, they used to broadcast the WJC's on it as well. When NHL Network first came out on optimum in 07/08, you got it for free if you ordered center ice.

I miss the old TSN Ran NHL Network by the way. They used to have all the cool countdowns, specials and all the other stuff.

TheDave1022

Nov 4, 2008
Carmel, NY
So, I've been thinking about ending my cable, but live sports is one of the only things around ... Does anyone know a service that provides good, reliable streaming of NHL games, maybe through my Roku? I live in NYC so I know GameCenter isn't an option. *************.com or something?

Try adfreetime for $2/month. It should bypass the blackout if you pick one in Canada.
Purchase NHL TV (you have a 5 or 7 day cancel period i think)
Setup your router with the dns servers (roku has hard coded to google im pretty sure) from adfreetime.

You can also try using Google DNS 8.8.8.8 on your PC and it should blackout SJ games and national games.

I used Adfreetime/NHL.tv last season. I have moved on to alternative ways. Message me if you want more information

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

That site is done. Turns out, it was actually legal and they had a deal with the NHL. Part of it was they couldn't advertise. However, when MLBAM took over, they weren't interested in working with the owner of the site. If you are familiar with reddit, you can find some info on there about streaming.

RangerRider114

Sep 17, 2014
The Isle of Coney
Just a note for anyone that ordered CI from ch. 902: Make sure that you were charged for NHLCI and are receiving the NHL Network. Some error occurred when I ordered and they charged me for MLB Extra Innings & I got MLB Network, which I usually don't. My NHLN was blacked out. After an hour on the phone w/ customer support they fixed it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: