Speculation: Any interest in Liljegren for a mid round pick?

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Would Logan Stanley be something Leafs are interested in?

Saves the Leafs ~1.8 million in caphit, plays a style that fits more with Berube's philosophy, is 6'7 that seems to be what the current Leafs brass are looking for and a local boy as well.

Leafs have Phillippe Myers to play that #6/#7 role. It's not a bad proposal but I don't see the benefit for the Leafs.

I really doubt they get anymore more than a 3rd for Liljegren anyway

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
This is something the Canucks should be in on, only problem is making the money work, not sure how they'd do that.
What's the timeline on the return of Demko and Joshua? I noticed they are on IR, but not LTIR, so when they come back can send Bains and Silovs down, and be in the area of being able to take on that contract with about 25% retention.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
What's the timeline on the return of Demko and Joshua? I noticed they are on IR, but not LTIR, so when they come back can send Bains and Silovs down, and be in the area of being able to take on that contract with about 25% retention.

The question is if Toronto wants to retain (recall Elliotte saying they don't), and the Canucks are comsciously trying to accrue/bank cap space so they have more come the TDL.

Would Liljegren be worth that opportunity cost?? Not sure, but they could rly use a RHD atm.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Liljegren is worth more to the leafs then any realistic trade rn. we should not be looking to move him at all, unless it for a big fish and hes a piece in the trade.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Here's the problem with trading Liljegren -- the deadline.

If you look at this team right now, and potentiall what they'll need come the deadline, the only real standout glaring weakness is that of a #3C. Up front, beyond that, they already have 15 forwards on the roster, plus Fraser Minten eventually in the AHL, and theoretically Alex Nylander as well. Easton Cowan a late season addition too.

On D, you trade Liljegren, and the group in my view looks awfully thin, especially if somebody gets hurt (which you have to assume will happen). I feel like you're going to trade Lily today, and be shopping for a defencemen at the deadline (assuming he's traded for picks / prospect.

Yes, the Leafs need to move off at least 1 body here (as Jarnkrok/Hakanpaa cannot come off LTIR due to cap space issues), but I'm not sure it's the best idea unless you can do a "hockey trade".

sena

Jul 3, 2024
I don't know the return but it's delusional to think there aren't teams that would take a chance on him.

A 25 year-old RD with a few years of NHL experience and 2 years on his deal @ 3M? That's a low risk gamble with potentially a decent (but modest) upside for a GM that needs help on the (right side) blueline.
Him and the leafs top prospect for pinto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad