Speculation: Antti Raanta done in the NHL?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Shocked he hasn't signed overseas yet, Raanta being hurt each season is like a tradition at this point, I don't remember a year he wasn't hurt.

Kind of funny he doesn't want to wait for someone to get hurt to get a chance. Essentially hoping someone Antti Raanta's so Antti Raanta can get a chance.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I really like the guy, but he was absolutely horrendous this season playing behind a good Canes defense. Watching some of those last games he played with the goals he gave up, I don't blame teams for staying away from him now.
The amount of injuries he's had and how long he's continuously been in and out with injuries, I think since like 2017, yeah that'll probably take a toll on his game as well. At one point he was supposed to be a very good goalie that would be a #1 a long time but he never could put together back to back healthy seasons.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
My favorite goalie of all time. This guy was elite when healthy for the Coyotes. Unfortunately he just couldn’t stay healthy.

Good luck to you Rantanplan! Hopefully things work out wherever you end up.

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and Schemp

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He said Finland has too high taxes, Switzerland for example is much more attractive in that regard.

For example, he would have had to pay taxes for the house in USA that he sold if he moved to Finland, which apprently isn't an issue in Switzerland.
Finland does have high taxes, but the issue here is that the Finnish treasury would want taxes from every earned dollar within the last 12 months if you were to live in Finland long term. The transition is smoother once you've been in Europe for a while. The NHL salaries are in a class of their own.

Makes sense. I mixed up the details but that's definitely what I was thinking of. Kind of like in Czech when they say "do prdele," which means "up the ass" and is a multipurpose exclamation.
Google translate just does funny stuff with Finnish from time to time. The context of "devil" here is just a swearword. "Call them up in Switzerland damnit!"

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Love Father Finn, but he's cooked...he fell off so hard and fast last year he probably couldn't even be a regular AHL goalie anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad