Antony NHL equivalent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
But the attitude seems like the focus of the video, no? Guys like this seem to never stick in the NHL, let alone get this guy’s paycheck. It reminds me of a guy like Ho Sang, who had a ton of “personality”.
Avery is probably the closest the league has had to Antony's kind of "personality" in a while. Probably nobody on that level since then which is shocking in a way considering some of the guys that were bouncing around years back (Cooke, Torres, etc). But Avery seems to be the biggest cross-section of bad personality, bad player, and badly overpaid in recent history.

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
Avery is probably the closest the league has had to Antony's kind of "personality" in a while. Probably nobody on that level since then which is shocking in a way considering some of the guys that were bouncing around years back (Cooke, Torres, etc). But Avery seems to be the biggest cross-section of bad personality, bad player, and badly overpaid in recent history.
Agree, and yet Avery scored at a pretty good pace for his role. I don’t know anything about Antony, though. So if he’s actually skilled and OP just detests him, then I can’t really call that out.

Reactions: DaveG

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
David Clarkson, has one decent year, gets paid and is basically ECHL tier in a few years.

KrisLeturnover

Jan 17, 2021
But the attitude seems like the focus of the video, no? Guys like this seem to never stick in the NHL, let alone get this guy’s paycheck. It reminds me of a guy like Ho Sang, who had a ton of “personality”.
If we’re going by OPs video exclusively then yes. There is much more to the Antony situation than him being a jagoff. Although the transfer fee was an overpayment, he had a lot of hype around him. He seemed like a player with the skill to become a superstar. He was damn good at Ajax. Ended up being a massive disappointment.

Reactions: DaveG

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
The self promotion and some of those plays remind you of subban, but subban was actually a really good player. It's unclear from this video alone of whether this guy was that good or if he's just picking out the the worst moments.

I see some Barnaby as well.
Antony is a meme but you could make a 2 and a half minute video like that even about Messi if that's your agenda

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
As an avid Manchester United fan I come here looking for a bit of respite from the discourse surrounding the brutal state of the club only to stumble upon this. The fall of Manchester United is ever increasingly unavoidable.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Antony is like if Yakupov had been signed to an 8 year, $80M contract.

Man U paid a fortune for Antony, over $100M in transfer fees. He’s got 5 goals in 55 games for them…

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
As an avid Manchester United fan I come here looking for a bit of respite from the discourse surrounding the brutal state of the club only to stumble upon this. The fall of Manchester United is ever increasingly unavoidable.

Every year you manage to buy the wrong players for a lot... Ugarte is not good.

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
I thought Antony looked good against Arsenal years ago

You know, let's think of some pretty good player who joined a crappy NHL franchise that thinks their better than they are.

If I could compare Manchester United it would be like the New York Rangers. Perennial losers who somehow have a lot of fans....
Perennial losers? Bahaahahahahahaha imagine thinking the most successful team of the premiership era is a perennial loser bahahahahaha

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I dunno about an Antony comparable, but you can't get any more Richarlison than Athanasiou.

BlackAdam

May 5, 2013
Antony has been a mess for United but he does have 16 caps for Brazil. He's a better soccer player than Zegras is a hockey player.

Antony has never lost a game in which his team won.
Antony played 34 games in 34 matches.
Antony is 1 Ballon D'or away from winning a Ballon D'or.
Antony is averaging 3 goals off a hat trick per game.
Antony has the same amount of world cups as Ronaldo, Neymar, Haaland and Lewandowski combined.
Antony has scored more total goals in the EPL than Pele, Maradona, Messi, Zidane, and R9 combined just with his 2024 season.
If Ronaldo is a considered "A walking piece of art", Antony is "A spinning piece of art".

Just goat things

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Who da f*** is Antony

Shouldn't this soccer stuff be on some other part of the boards?

Whats next? Who's the ALF of NHL? (yes, I'm old)

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Antony has never lost a game in which his team won.
Antony played 34 games in 34 matches.
Antony is 1 Ballon D'or away from winning a Ballon D'or.
Antony is averaging 3 goals off a hat trick per game.
Antony has the same amount of world cups as Ronaldo, Neymar, Haaland and Lewandowski combined.
Antony has scored more total goals in the EPL than Pele, Maradona, Messi, Zidane, and R9 combined just with his 2024 season.
If Ronaldo is a considered "A walking piece of art", Antony is "A spinning piece of art".

Just goat things
Antony will probably win a WC before England wins another international title anyway.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
This is the correct answer. Party tricks that people like on youtube compilations with little actual substance.

Antony has been a mess for United but he does have 16 caps for Brazil. He's a better soccer player than Zegras is a hockey player.
Knew life wasn’t fair when Antony is a pro footballer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad